Introduction: In some scenarios where we have made some advanced payments to the suppliers & want to link with the Supplier Invoices we will post further.
You can perform this as shown below:
- Create NEW DOWN PAYMENT REQUEST for your Advanced Payment.
- Enter Details like Supplier, Doc ID, Posting Dates, etc.
- Add Line Items & enter description, Tax codes, Amount, G/L accounts, Cost centers, etc.
- Click POST, you will get notification that Down Payment Posted.
- Go to Payables WoC & select Supplier Accounts.
- Find Supplier & click View.
- Select Down Payment & click Pay Manually by Outgoing Check.
- Enter details & POST.
- Now Create New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- Enter Details like Supplier, Doc ID, Posting dates, etc.
- To add the Down Payment to the Supplier Invoice, scroll down and
Go to the Payment Information tab –> Down Payments –> Add Row.
- As you click on the Add Row button, you will get a new screen. Search & select your Down Payment here.
- Add Line Item & enter Description, Tax codes, Amount, G/L account, Cost Center, etc.
- Post the invoice.
- Here, you can see that as you linked the Down Payment to the Supplier Invoice, the Invoice get Partially Cleared automatically & you have got a Clearing ID.
- You can see the details by clicking on Clearing ID.
Conclusion: Using this process, you can link your already posted Down Payments with the Invoices and have a better visibility of the Supplier Account. Also, you will have the tax adjustments for the tax you have already paid in the Down Payment.
If You have any queries regarding this process flow you can ask in the comments.