What is SAP HANA?
SAP HANA, the latest ERP solution by SAP is an in-memory and relational DBMS platform which is deployable as an on-premise appliance or on the cloud. It is known to process high volumes of data in real time environments and integrates with different components of the SAP like SAP HANA Database, SAP HANA Direct Extractor connection, SAP SLT (System Landscape Transformation) Replication server and Sybase replication technology.
SAP HANA Deployment Options.
SAP HANA can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or using the hybrid model based on parameters like budget, business needs, and resources.
SAP HANA On-Premise is primarily for enterprises requiring flexibility paired with functionality. It offers 2 approaches for deploying SAP HANA on-premise, known as appliance and tailored data center integration.
SAP HANA On-Premise – In-Memory Appliance: This approach which is often referred to as “all-in-one-box,” lets its customers leverage SAP and its certified hardware partners to deliver pre-configured HANA system. It helps harness real-time power – behind your firewall and allows preconfigured approach to select all necessary components from certified hardware partners.
SAP HANA On-Premise Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI): This approach provides users with more flexibility & choice and leaves behind the installation and maintenance of OS and HANA appliance to the discretion of the customer.
SAP HANA Cloud: This is an open Platform as a service (PaaS) that delivers in-memory capabilities, unique microservices and core platform services for building and extending mobile-enabled cloud applications. It offers ultimate flexibility to find the cloud deployment option which is right. This approach is further available as Bring Your License, as a fully Managed Service for both private and public cloud in hybrid scenarios.
Benefits and features of SAP Hana.
SAP HANA is a new way to manage big data over a fast speed. It is an open standard based, full-featured software suitable for social, mobile and data-driven economy. Some of its key features are summarized in the following way:
- SAP HANA’s in-memory technology allows users to analyze and explore data in real time, virtually from any source.
- It is better equipped to handle much more significant data and may even go beyond the Big Data trend.
- The most significant benefits of this software are its compatibility, flexibility, and versatility with other databases, software, and hardware, further allowing users to achieve greater analytic capabilities without giving up on interfaces to trust.
- With SAP HANA one can react in almost real time and take appropriate actions to capitalize on business opportunities or overcome challenges.
- SAP Hana is scalable and offers limitless possibilities for growing businesses. It as well introduces dynamic tiering which allows frequently accessed data to remain in the memory.
- SAP HANA brings about immense simplification to the management and the administration of IT landscape. It enables centralization of hardware, software and other network devices and serves digital core for business process simplification.
- It offers a smooth transition from on-premise to cloud helping organizations to reduce costs on migrations.
- Unifies design environment and information modeling, which adds as a great advantage, as all data models are purely virtual and calculate results based on underlying detailed operational data.
- It improves performance with a better plan, generates reports, executes and analytics based on the real-time and live data.
Core advanced abilities of SAP HANA:
SAP HANA Spatial Analytics: This permits processing of geospatial data and uses it to combine the same with the business data. Spatial data types can also be considered as classes and each one having associated methods and constructors that can be used to access the data and hence making “connected business” a reality.
SAP HANA Predictive Analytics: It allows customers to leverage on pre-built algorithms and help them witness data newly. The existing patterns, informing influencers, arising correlations, and optimized processes are the outcomes to which each customer strives, but is rather hidden from intuitive view.
SAP HANA Graph: The new processing engine permits big data sets to be crossed with usage versions of SAP HANA. It is designed and architected to work together and instantly get answers for solving real problems.
SAP HANA Text and Search: It helps customers to do navigation, text search and access structured or unstructured information on different systems.
SAP HANA Series: It primarily offers capability and permits customers to process and store small increment, no matter how big the volume of data requires with time-stamped info like utility meter reading and making equipment sensors.
SAP HANA Smart Data Integration and Streaming: It permits customers to extract data sources in real time to SAP Hana. It as well adds and embraces value in real-time data access for the Internet of Things (IoT), digital transformation, mobile marketing, and maintenance necessitated for improved data integration and data streaming.