SAP TechEd 2018 is happening right now in Las Vegas, and we here on the Internet of Things team have a lot to share with you! If you happen to be at TechEd, feel free to stop by the Internet of Things “expert bar” as part of the SAP Leonardo area on the show floor. Also check out all the Internet of Things sessions (see the list at the end of this post), many of which will be recorded and available online for those of you not there in person.
Speaking of which… especially for those of you not there in person, let me get you up to speed on the “what” and “how” questions as they relate to SAP and the Internet of Things. So what is the Internet of Things and how does it enable the Intelligent Enterprise?
A good place to start is with SAP Leonardo because SAP Leonardo is what powers the Intelligent Enterprise with intelligent technologies for every enterprise process, to create the best outcomes. It enables you to leverage your data to detect patterns, predict outcomes, and suggest actions.
And one of those intelligent technologies? You guessed it, the Internet of Things! The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects with embedded intelligence to sense their environment and to interact with business systems and each other. And so SAP Leonardo IoT is one way to enable the Intelligent Enterprise by creating live insights from connecting these physical objects (things) with business processes to deliver better business outcomes.
So whether we’re talking about machinery on a shop floor, trash cans across a busy city, or coolers in a grocery store, SAP Leonardo IoT provides the tools and capabilities needed to take all that data coming from those objects – and their interactions with their environment – and turn them into the intelligence needed for better decision making.
If you think about it, fundamentally, this goes back to supporting what it means to be an Intelligent Enterprise in the first place. That is, the Internet of Things makes it so that repetitive tasks can be removed, and a company’s focus can move to higher value activities such as creating new business models or solving complex business problems.
If you want to learn more about how SAP approaches the Internet of Things, be sure to check out the upcoming free openSAP course (starting October 9!) on SAP Leonardo IoT for the Intelligent Enterprise. Until then, have a good TechEd either in-person or virtually!
- ST103: Unleashing the Superpowers of the Intelligent Enterprise with SAP Leonardo
- AIN367: Explore, Build and Visualize Connected Vehicle Data (Hands-On Workshop)
- AIN364: SAP Leonardo IoT: Design IoT Applications for Outcome (Hands-On Workshop)
- AIN110: Gain Real-Time Insights from Computer Vision
- AIN212: Architecture Blueprint for SAP Leonardo IoT (Lecture)
- AIN161: Create Intelligent Real-Time Work Environments for Operational Users (Hands-On)
- AIN267: Edge Computing with SAP Leonardo IoT Edge Services (Hands-On Workshop)
- AIN848: Road Map for SAP Leonardo IoT
- LT137: SAP Leonardo IoT for the Intelligent Enterprise