This document provides an overview of the SAC and BPC features supported in the live connection of SAC to the BPC Embedded model(planned to be delivered in wave 2018.18, subject to change). The BPC live connection supports the analytics functions as the BW live connection. In addition, the BPC live connection supports planning functionalities in SAC and BPC.
The BPC live connection combines the beauty of SAC and BPC embedded model.
- SAC analytics tables/charts can be leveraged as a client creating a highly flexible, LOB-tailored user experience.
- The powerful planning engine in BPC embedded can be used to realize an advanced and complex enterprise-wide planning.
This document describes the supported and unsupported planning functionalities in the BPC live connection. For details for BI functionalities, which are not in the scope of this document, please refer to the document BW live connection. The integration supports BPC, version for NetWeaver 10.1 and BPC, version for BW/4HANA 11. BPC, add-on for S/4HANA, is not supported at this time.
Supported Planning Functionalities (white-list)
BPC embedded model / BW
- Session management. The concept of the planning session is used. In one planning session a user can transfer data into the backend buffer, revert the value in buffer, or submit buffer value to database. BPC user locking is used in SAC. If one user is using the data in change mode then no other user can change the data.
- Multiple Key figures. A query with multiple key figures is created as a measure model in SAC. Planning is supported in multiple key figures.
- Inverse formulas defined in BW queries can be used.
- Disaggregation methods in BW queries (no disaggregation, disaggregation of entered values, disaggregation of difference to entered value) can be applied when data is transferred to backend.
- BW Query with currency translation. Currency translation is triggered on-the-fly when data is transferred to backend.
- Work status / Data slice. BPC Work status/data slices are used. Data protected by a work status/data slice in SAC will also be protected in SAC
- Data Access Profile (DAP). DAPs defined in BPC can be applied when a query is executed.. Data cells with read access only are read only in the SAC story./ Data cells with write access are input enabled in the SAC story./ Query data is not visible in the SAC story if a data cells without read/write access.
- BW authorizations/environment authorizations are used.
- Planning sequence when saving. A planning sequence defined in “Planning sequence when saving” is executed automatically when data is submitted to the backend.
- Execute BW planning sequence. BW planning sequence can be added as a widget in SAC story and triggered from SAC story. Variables of planning sequences can be set. The planning function type file upload is NOT supported.
- BW Short Comment (to be shipped in wave 2019.19). Characteristic as Keyfigure can be supported from SAC story. With such feature, short comment can be added/edited. The length limitation in BW is 256 characters.
- Planning is supported in the following BW key figure types:
- CURR – Currency Field in BCD Format
- DEC – Packed Number in BCD Format
- QUAN – Quantity Field in BCD Format
- Planning on booked values / unbooked values. Data entry on booked value and unbooked value in SAC story triggers a data transfer to BPC backend buffer, and user can submit data to backend.
- Copy/Paste inside grid. User can copy data from other cells or Excel, and paste the data to any cells in table. After value is copied to target cells in table, data is transferred to BPC and calculations (incl. disaggregation) are executed in BPC, then new data after calculation is returned to SAC.
- Save/Revert All. Data changes in the BPC buffer can be saved/reverted in the SAC story. Revert is only ‘all or nothing’, no undo of steps.
- Cell lock. A cell lock can be triggered in the SAC story to allow users to prevent individual cells of the table from being updated.
- Mass data entry can be used. The data changes are transferred to BPC backend when planner exits Mass Data Entry mode.
- Restricted measures added in SAC story are plannable. The restricted measures are converted to transient restricted key figures in the BW query.
- SAC calculations measure can be created. They are not input enabled. BI functionalities can refer to BW live connection
- Chart and other widgets can be created. BI functionalities can refer to BW live connection
- Blending table/chart can be supported. Refer to online help.
- SAC stories with BPC live models can be used in digital boardroom
Known unsupported Planning Functionalities (black-list)
Apart from the supported functions list, the list below is known unsupported planning functionalities. Please note the functions, which don’t appear in supported list nor unsupported list, are treated as unsupported functions.
BPC embedded model / BW
- BPC BPF integration. SAC story can be added as a generic hyperlink step in BPF, however context/parameter can’t be passed from BPF to SAC hyperlink.
- Data point comments
- Text-based key figures
- BW local query
- BW Master data query
- Planning is not support in master data query.
- Set Work status
- Cell-based / multi-dimensional privileges
- New line
- Physical Deletion in the Query (particular on master data)
- YTD is not supported in planning
- Planning function type file upload is NOT supported in planning sequence triggered from SAC story
- Advanced Filter
- Member on the fly
- Advanced Planning (Spreading, Distribute, Assign)
- Structured Allocation
- Data action (incl. Advanced formula)
- Data lock
- Smart Copy
- Version Management
- Undo/Redo of steps; Undo/Redo history
- Input task
- Data Point Comment
- Forecast/Rolling forecast
It is worth noting that this live connection only uses the UI of SAC, while the engine of SAC is bypassed while the BPC engine is used. All SAC features using the SAC planning engine are not and will never be supported in this scenario. To leverage these capabilities, the data needs to be replicated to SAC, using the import / export capabilities of SAC.