With the SAP’s new offering SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment (see the announcement blog from Harald Kuck) ABAP developers are now able to make use of their existing ABAP know-how to develop and run ABAP applications in SAP Cloud Platform.
Now imagine the following situation. You are a SAP customer or partner and want to adapt the new SAP’s offering SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment to develop and run ABAP applications in SAP Cloud Platform, and you have ABAP code in your ERP system, which you think would perfectly fit into the Cloud. In this way you want reuse your existing on-premise ABAP assets in the Cloud. How to find out which adaptations are necessary to run your ABAP code in the SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment?
The answer is pretty simple, and the SAP tool is well-known: you can use ABAP Test Cockpit (ATC), which you (hopefully) broadly use in your on-premise landscape for static quality assurance or within your SAP S/4HANA conversion project.
And now come the actual news: especially for Cloud reuse of ABAP code we offer new ATC cloud readiness checks.
In order to check the readiness of your custom code for the SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment, you need to execute custom code analysis using Remote Code Analysis with ATC and new Cloud Readiness checks, provided within the new Code Inspector check variant SAP_CP_READINESS_REMOTE, which is available via dedicated SAP notes for the SAP_BASIS 7.52 release.
Using the new SAP_CP_READINESS_REMOTE check variant you can check your custom code for execution readiness in the SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment. The cloud readiness checks detect the following incompatibilities:
- Use of development objects, which are not supported (e.g. Dynpros, Reports…)
- Use of development objects, that are not released (“whitelist” violation check)
- Use of language elements, which are not in the restricted ABAP language scope version 5 (ABAP language for SAP Cloud Platform)
1. Setup ATC in a central check system SAP_BASIS 7.52 and configure in your landscape as described in the blog Remote Code Analysis in ATC – Technical Setup step by step.
Note: only >=SAP_BASIS 7.52 system is required.
2. Implement the following SAP Notes in your ATC central check system:
- SAP Note 2682626 – Code Inspector Check for restricted language scope version 5 (ABAP for SAP Cloud Platform)
- SAP Note 2684665 – Custom code checks for SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment
This is how the new SAP_CP_READINESS_REMOTE check variant looks like:
ATC checks for the following allowed object types: ‘BDEF’ , ‘CLAS’, ‘DCLS’ , ‘DDLS’ , ‘DEVC’ , ‘DOMA’ , ‘DTEL’ ‘ENQU’ , ‘FUGR’ , ‘FUNC’ , ‘INTF’ , ‘MSAG’ , ‘TABL’ , ‘TTYP’ , ‘XSLT’ .
3. Create ATC run over your custom code package using the SAP_CP_READINESS_REMOTE check variant:
4. Analyze the ATC findings: