Standard C4C-S4H Integration and Business partner integration comparison with ECC- Part 1
This blogs contains basic integration setup between C4C-S4H using PI and how business partner integration and architecture is different from ECC and will restrict myself to integration only.
Connectivity Set Up between SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP S/4HANA
1) Create S4H user – S4user is required to communicate between system and necessary authorizations are required for success full connectivity and data replication.
a) Use Transaction – Su01
b) Create user – Example – CODINTEG or any user name as per business need.
2)Certificate Management in SAP C4C and SAP Process Integration
i)Go to https://support.sap.com web site.
ii)Navigate to Download Area> Root Certificates
iii)Download the SAP Passport CA Certificates and Save
iv) Go to https://secure.omniroot.com/support/sureserver/rootcert.cfm.
v).Download the ROOT Certificates
vi)In case of error downloading certificates, go to Internet explorer (Tools->Internet options- >content -> Certificates -> Trusted Root Certification authorities). Export the relevant certificate from the list
vii) Ensure all the certificates used are valid and are not expired.
3) Open the Process Integration and navigate to SAP NetWeaver Administrator (NWA)
ii) Under the Configuration tab, choose Certificates and Keys link
iii) Select the Trusted CA’s view and choose Import Entry and
- Choose Import repeat the steps to import the other certificate Cybertrust SureServer Standard Validation CA.
4. Configuration in SAP C4C
I am going to discuss steps required for integration between C4C- S4H and C4C system is setup with Administrator user and other activity like business role ,org set up , Product categories and distribution,division is already defined in C4C.
Integration activities in C4C are as follows
i) Define Communication system
Click on new and maintain below information as per the screen shot .
ii) ID Mapping
Path :Navigate to the following work center view and click on edit .
Maintain Id mapping for ERP product categories/Sales org/ etc
- Choose Sales org from the drop down for the field Mapping of.
- Select System Instance ID defined in Previous step
- Maintain the following values.
iii) Define Communication system arrangement
A) Navigate to Administrator >>General Settings >>Integration>> Communication Arrangements.
B)Choose New to create a new communication arrangement
C)In Communication Scenarios table, select the Communication Scenario: Business Partner Replication from SAP Business Suite ( choose as per your project scope)
E)Choose System Instance ID from the value help defined in communication system
F)Choose Code List Mapping as SAP On-Premise Integration
H) For Inbound communication BASIC SETTINGS, Choose the Application protocol as Web Service and Authentication method as user authentication ( for SSL authentication please refer my next blog) and settings for outbound communication is only required if we are sending data from C4C to S4H
I)Choose Edit Advanced Settings Under the Inbound tab, select Replicate like Business Partner Replication from SAP Business Suite
J)Under the Outbound tab, configure the outbound communication service Confirm Business Partner Replication to SAP Business Suite ( Only if outbound BP replication is in scope)
K)Choose Next and Finish.
L)Repeat the above-mentioned procedure for all the Inbound Scenarios like Material replication etc
M) Screen shot Inbound
N) Outbound – Click on edit basic settings > Click on outbound communication tab> enable if outbound communication is required
Example for PATH field: Open the corresponding Integrated Configuration in PI and Choose Display WSDL. Scroll to the bottom of the page and Copy the value from the WSDL URL file
Example> /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&senderService= bs-QS-XX&receiverParty=&receiverService=&interface=CustomerQuoteProcessingSalesOrderRequestOut&interfaceNamespace=http://sap.com/xi/A1S/Global
5) Configuration in SAP S/4HANA
To connect C4C with S4H we need to perform certain activity in S4H
5.1) Activate Inbound SOAP for IDoc
- Run Tcode : SICF
- In the Service Path field enter /sap/bc/srt/IDoc.
- Choose Execute.
- Check if the Service is Active; if not then right click the IDoc service and select Activate
5.2) Register Service for IDoc Inbound
- Run T code- SRTIDOC-Select the Register Service checkbox and save changes under a Transport request
- Note :- Basic SD related configuration is not part of this integration blog, only integration aspects has been described .
- BC Sets activation and automatic exchange program both these activities are important and should be followed one after other.
- 5.4) Run Automatic data exchange Program – Running this program creates all necessary integration related functions in S4H like distribution model/ Message type/Jobs/Partner Profile.This program also creates configuration for BP replication which is web service based and BP related service in soamanger gets updated with required information .
5.4.1) Run transaction- RCOD_CONNECTIVITY
5.4.2) Select Radio button based on PI stack of your landscape
5.4.3) select scenario based on scope of your project
5.4.4) Write in or select logical system name of C4C – Imp – Logical system name should be same as C4C tenant ID. Select job user and interval time . Jobs will be created for data replication like Material etc.
5.4.5) Fill in all below information from PI
5.4.6) Take the URL of BP from PI endpoint as this is web service based.
5.4.7) Select basic authentication and PI communication user information
5.4.8) Click on Generate
5.4.9) It will generate all the message type and batch job and set distribution model in s4H
5.4.10) Distribution model gets created automatically
5.5) Soamanager – Webservice for Business partner gets automatically created from RCOD_Connectivity but we can also manually create in S4H
5.5.1) Run transaction – SOAMANAGER and click on Webservice configuration
5.5.2) Search for Business related web service
5.5.3) Under Configurations, choose Create > Manual configuration.
Enter Logical Port Name, Description, and select the Logical Port is Default checkbox. Choose Next.
5.5.4)Consumer Security: under Authentication Settings check User ID/Password. Enter the User ID and password of the RFC destination maintained in SAP S/4 HANA pointing to the SAP PI system.
5.5.5)Under HTTPSettings maintain the following values URL Access Path : Endpoint maintained in PI Computer Name of Access URL: PI system Enter the proxy details
5.5.6) On the SOAP protocol maintain the values as shown below and choose Next
5.5.7) Click finish
5.5.8) Follow the same step for other web services for Business partner. We can check connectivity by click on Ping and if there is any error we can edit and fix the same.
5.6)Configure Data Replication Framework ( Only required in S4H not in ECC)
i) Run Transaction DRFIMG
ii) Click on technical settings for business system
Choose New Entries to add Business System for SAP C4C. If the Business system is already created, Select Business System and Logical System name using input help. Choose Save. Note – Business system ID should be same as C4C system name.Get the business system name from communication arrangement of C4C.
iii)Select the Business System and double click on Define Bus. Systems, BOs in the Dialog structure> Choose New Entries and add BO Type 986 (Business Partner including relationships) using input help and check field Sys. Filt. In case this entry exists, skip the step
iv) For Business partner BO is 986 while for customer hierarchy BO is 1451_CUST
iii) Define Replication model
Choose New Entries and define Replication Model Name and Description and Log days as 50
- Choose Enter
- Select the entry created and double click on Assign Outbound Implementation
- Choose New Entries.
- Select Outbound Implementation as Outbound Impl. For BP/REL via Services (986_3) using the input help and choose Enter.
- Enter Sequence as 1.
- Select the row added and double click on Assign Target Systems for Repl. Model/Outb. Impl in dialog structure.
- Select the Business system row and double click on the node Assign Outbound Parameter in the dialog structure.
- For Customer hierarchy
Note – Remember to Activate Replication Model.
5.7)Activate Function Modules
In IMG menu structure, navigate to Cross-Application Components>SAP Business Partner >Data Distribution > Activate Function Modules Activate the function module MDG_BS_BP_OUTBOUND_DRF by checking the field Call as shown below.
Activation of FM brings
5.8)BC sets activity: Mostly done by basis team.( We should run this before automatic exchange Program)
Business Configuration Set C4C_INTEGRATION_CS and C4C_INTEGRATION_CC contains additional customizing setting for SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP S/4HANA integration.BC set C4C_INTEGRATION_CC contains client-independent customizing entries for the ALE message.
- Open transaction SCPR3.
- Choose New BC Set Selection> Select by Texts.
- In the dialog box enter BC Set name C4C_INTEGRATION_CS and choose Execute.
- Double click on the BC Set ID and choose Continue in the BC Set Consistency Check pop-up window.
- Choose Copy BC Set
- In the following dialog box, enter the new BC Set name and short text. Example
- Z_C4C_INTEGRATION_CS and SET C4C Integration Customizing – client specific.
- Choose Local Object or select a transport request if required.
- Choose Define Favorites
- Choose Change mode and choose Continue in the BC Set Consistency Check dialog box.
- Right click on the node Maintenance View Variant for C4C CO Scenario in the structure and choose Remove Cust. Object from BC Set and right click on the node Business Transaction Events in the structure and choose Remove Cust. Object from BC Set
- Choose Save.
- Open transaction SCPR20
- In the field BC Set, input the BC Set name Z_C4C_INTEGRATION_CS.
- Choose Activate BC Set on the application tool bar
- Save under request
- Select the Business System value using input help and choose Copy Values
- In the next pop-up, choose Continue Activation with default value.
5.9)Define Filter value
- Filter Values are required for business partner if you have any requirement to filter data
- Run Tcode- DRFF
- Select Business partner line item and click on Create/display/Change
- For an example if we want to replicate only one sales org data of sales organization 1000 distribution 30 and division 30 we need to configure it here.
- some other example
5.10)Filter Reflexive Partner Functions
C4C does not support Reflexive Partner Functions functionality so we need to configure this else we will get error in C4C
- Select new entry and maintain data as follows . We can also maintain data directly through SM30.
6) Difference in S4H and ECC customer architecture and integration set up
i)Difference in data load ECC/S4H
|Topic||ECC||TCODE ECC||S4H||TCODE S4H|
|Customer||Customer replication is IDOC based –||BD12 or COD_INT_MENU||Its Web service based||DRFOUT|
|Customer Hierarchy||IDOC based||
|Product||IDOC based||BD10||IDOC based||BD10|
|Sales order||IDOC based||IDOC based|
|Monitor Customer replication||WE02/we05||
|Customer||In ECC||XD03||XD03 no longer exist. Now in S4H we use transaction BP.|
To be continued – Please Refer my next blog for DATA replication S4H to C4C and ECC to C4C.
Very useful blog and thanks for the clear explanations.
Thanks Chanchal for writing this blog… I have a similar requirement where client wants to Integration with SAP C4C (Cloud for Customer) with the following high level requirements:
If I may ask a few queries on this .
Thnaks a lot again!
Sorry responding late. Please get in touch with me via LinkedIn. I will surely guide.
Hi Chanchal Jha
Basis cloned ERP- S4 for the enviroment QAS and that enviroment PRD already had the configuration, almost LSN, Ports, etc change the names and number, but the endpoint that you descirbe "5.4.6) Take the URL of BP from PI endpoint as this is web service based".
Where do i change them?
or Does the t-code RCOD_CONNECTIVITY execute again ?
++ Please do check your Business system config- update it with correct C4C system ID
Hi Levy Gonzalez ,
If I understood yours problem statement - QAS system has been refreshed with Prod data or vice versa ? If Yes , then you need to either re execute the RCOD_Connectivity or create all the entries again. As these are based on C4C system ID ( You can see this under communication system arrangement .. RCOD* never update/delete any entry it always create a missing entry. Post execution it will create all the web service/port/rfc/Outbound inbound Parameter.
For BP webservice - No RFC/IDoc required - so you can update the existing entry by editing this under soamanager . Update the URL based on which middleware system its connected to ( QAS/Prod)
Hope this helps.
Please do let me know if you need any help.
Hi Chanchal Jha
I checked in the SOAMANAGER the BP and looked my changes. It's important to re execute the t-code RCOD_CONNECTIVITY.
Not necessarily, you can also manually do the changes. Executing RCOD_Coonectivity will create all the entry based on your C4C system name. This program only creates the entry it never delete or update . There is no harm in re- execution.
++ if you wanted to update the BP replication web service only - you can manually create it or Run ROCD_Connectivity with required URL info it will work.
Hi Chanchal Jha
We do the integration with C4C in our DEV and Qas environments, we activate the function module for the automatic sending of the business partner, in both environments it works correctly but when transporting it to PRD the commercial partner is not automatically sent, we have active MDG_BS_BP_OUTBOUND_DRF, you will have some idea of what causes this problem .
Thanks a lot
Thank you for this great blog.
I am having C4C-S4 Integration where customer is replicated from C4C to S4.
I have mapped C4C Role CRM000 to S4 BP role FLCU01. I have also maintained the external number range in S4 for Customer.
But we are encountering error "Customer number was not filled during external number assignment".
In the message body in SRT_UTIL, there is no Account group data. How we can determine which Account group is determined for the number range...??
Thank you in advance.
Have you find an answer for your question ? I am still have doubt which account group in BP will be used while replication as long that there is no account group field in c4c.
Hi Chanchal Jha
I have a question about this document. In case, I want to integrate S/4Hana on premise to SAP Field Service Management(FSM).Can I follow this topic above?
Thank you in advance.
In Backend it used Message Type: COD_CUSTHIERMAS and Outbound implementation class CL_COD_CUSTHIER_DRF which used change pointers table BDCP2/BDCPV. How you activated change pointers for the customer hierarchy as KNVH is generally not configurable. Also we can see many tables in within the change pointer standard class to update couple of MDG* tables. What is the relation? Do we need to trigger output using DRFOUT? Please confirm.
Hope your issue is sorted by now. Some how I dint got any notification of the questions.
Hi @Chanchal Jha
I wanted to ask you, the address of my PI system misistema.sappi.com must be public on the internet?
Hi Chanchal Jha,
great blog! I have a question regarding DRF configuration.
We implement a standard C4C integration via the CPI from the scratch. The used customer system S4Hana has no SLD connection (no Solution Manager, no PI/PO) - under step 5.6 you select a business system for the C4C. Where is this stored if no SLD is available? When I reproduce these steps in the customer system I get the error "Error with SLD API".
Have you find an answer for your question , I am facing the same error ( error with SLD API ) , Is the SLD Mandatory to integrate c4c accounts to s4hana 2020 bp ?
In the blog for this step. Which program it's referring to?
Apologies for responding late, I am referring to RCOD_CONNECTIVITY prog.