Recently, we released the exciting news that Smart Predict has been added to SAP Analytics Cloud. Smart Predict enables a business analyst to do fully automated predictive workflows without needing to understand data science concepts or use any form of complex tooling. It’s different from other citizen data science offerings because we don’t seek to train the users, we seek to enable them using simple workflows directly driven by their business question.
Smart Predict is just one of a whole range of augmented capabilities inside SAP Analytics Cloud, each using Machine Learning in different ways to assist and aid the business analyst to deliver more accurate results faster. Below is a table that describes some of these capabilities.
The reason we call these capabilities Augmented Analytics is because the aim is to augment or improve the analytics experience with context driven solutions powered by machine learning. This means that we can
- Use context to provide the user with a range of options that will help them based on what they are currently doing (each of which can solve a specific business problem).
- Use workflow and conversational ideas to capture user intention as opposed to relying on complex and difficult to attain skillsets.
- Focus on delivering highly trustworthy results that protect the user from misunderstanding and error while benefiting from extremely sophisticated technology.
But there is another benefit. We know from the recent studies on behavioural analysis that human intelligence has trouble interpreting numbers and we have all kinds of unintentional bias. As a result, data discovery is often used today to justify an outcome as opposed to telling a story. We can combat this inclination by using machine learning to provide us with simple ways to understand and interpret data. This leads to actionable insights, which drive real ROI and reduce poor decisions.
Augmented Analytics Can Drive More Informed Decisions
Analytics is shifting from a passive system to an active system, and through new augmented analytics capabilities it can facilitate faster and more informed decisions driven by data. This will have massive societal benefits as we become better able to sift through the mountains of data produced by modern computing systems.
Learn More at SAP TechEd
The future of analytics is smart—and my team and I look forward to showing how this will benefit our customers at our SAP Teched events in Las Vegas, Barcelona, and Bangalore over the next few months. If you are attending SAP TechEd Las Vegas, learn more:
- Drop by the SAP Analytics area of the SAP Experience show floor
- Attend Gerrit Kazmaier and Ivo Bauermann’s Strategy Talk, One Simple Cloud for BI, Planning, and Predictive
- Watch the SAP Analytics Cloud: Smart Predict and Natural Language Processing video