SAP S/4HANA 1809 is out! The 4th release in a raw of SAP’s next generation ERP for the on-premise market has been shipped with an impressive number of business and technical innovations. Many of you have surely read the SAP S/4HANA 1809 launch blog from Bert Schulze. In this blog we’d like to share the next level of details with a 20′ video.
SAP S/4HANA is the foundation of the “intelligent enterprise”, and comes as an innovative, robust and scalable core ERP. The core ingredients of the intelligent ERP are:
- A digital age UX: aiming at hands-free experience, powered by digital assistance, and delivering value-adding experiences by instant insights leveraging the latest SAP Fiori technology
- Automation: ERP augmented by machine learning from SAP Leonardo, and predictive analytics to increase automation and efficiency
- Next-generation processes: reinventing and redefining processes with applied best practices built on the latest innovations
In the same spirit as the video prepared for SAP S/4HANA 1709 launch in September 2017, you will find here an update going through the lines of business (LoB) and the industries.
Discover in this video LoB innovations like:
- Finance with Goods and Invoice Receipt Reconciliation leveraging machine learning, and the new SAP S/4HANA for Accruals Management, which is designed to support customers along the entire process of accruals
- Central Procurement, a big step in ERP landscape simplification and a functionality that will help you increase transparency across the procurement systems
- R&D innovation with the new Recipe Finder App and portfolio and project management analytics
- Manufacturing and Demand-Driven Replenishment, the game changer that helps you plan and manage supply chains based on customer demand, and not only via the traditional MRP procedures
- Sales, leveraging SAP CoPilot and natural language for intuitively tracking sales order process
You will find as well industry innovations like:
- Retail and Fashion with new business scenarios including new planning strategies enhanced with segmentation functionality
- Banking, coming this release with and Loans Management / Deposits Management enhancements
- Public Sector, including major architecture simplifications
- Utilities with a new Analysis of meter reading, supported by an extended virtual data model
- Insurance, providing in that 1809 version a new Product configuration for insurance and digital products
Many of you – our ERP customers – have years of even decades of ERP data in your systems. Make the best out of it, learn from it. Explore Artificial Intelligence and machine learning applications now to see how SAP can help your company embrace the promises of the intelligent enterprise today.
Where to find more about SAP S/4HANA 1809
- SAP S/4HANA release info: http://www.sap.com/s4hana
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA here
- Help Portal Product Page here