In time update for SAP TechEd 2018: New SAP Activate Methodology for Developing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensions by Partners, guides how to plan, build, and publish in-app and side-by-side extensions, using SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK and SAP Cloud Platform.
SAP believes in the power of partnership and has built a strong and fruitful win-win relationship with a vibrant community of partners and companies in the SAP ecosystem. Experience from customer and partner projects shows that there is no SAP S/4HANA system that has not been extended to fulfil customer’s needs. In times of quickly changing business processes, extensibility projects must be fast and efficient.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions from partners developing SAP S/4HANA Cloud extensions:
- Can I have guidance from SAP about the extensibility possibilities of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, so that I can create a use case?
- Where can I find the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK so that I can start building a side-by-side extension?
- What are the cloud development best practices for designing and building the extension?
- How should I establish the connection between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and my extension on SAP Cloud Platform?
- How can I get my extension listed in SAP App Center, so I can sell it and deploy it to customers and expect the highest benefit of it?
To answer the above questions, and more, we’re proud to announce at SAP TechEd 2018 in Las Vegas the next achievement in our extensive collaboration with partners:
SAP Activate Methodology for Developing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensions by Partners
With this methodology SAP provides step-by-step guidance on the development journey for SAP S/4HANA Cloud extensions. The first version of this new methodology will focus on in-app and side-by-side extensibility scenarios and will be delivered in SAP Roadmap Viewer similarly to our well-known SAP Activate methodology roadmaps for deployment of our digital core solution.
This methodology roadmap comprises 5 phases representing the end-to-end extensibility process for partners: Plan, Build, Validate, Publish and Maintain:
ORSOFT GmbH, a German software company founded in 1990 and based in Leipzig, is developing a side-by-side extension of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, by adapting one of their solutions for SAP S/4HANA on-premise: The ORSOFT LabScheduling solution for joint production and laboratory planning. We thank our partner ORSOFT GmbH for their great collaboration and feedback to improve the content of this methodology.
SAP Activate Methodology for Developing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensions by Partners, available in SAP Roadmap Viewer from October 1st, 2018.
Also check out our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Explorer here.