Setting up the relational connection from SAP BusinessObjects BI (BI) to the SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse (BW) is a complex configuration. Many errors are encountered, from the initial error attempting a connection from the Information Design Tool to performance or timeout errors in Web Intelligence.
To assist in a remedy of these issues I have created a step through guidance to check if your configuration was accurately created and configured on both the BI platform and the BW backend.
I will be adding additional troubleshooting links to this page for the most seen issues for connectivity.
I see issues fall into three groups:
- Connection Errors
- Semi-join Errors
- Query Errors
Some issues that have been encountered for Connection Errors:
- Configure the BI Environment for a BW Relational Connection for Optimal Performance.
- Preparing the BW for a Connection to SAP BI for reporting with a Universe.
- Multisource Universe Timeouts with BW Connection.
- Webi Report on BW UNX has poor performance.
- Webi Report on BW UNX Error.
- An error occurred while trying to ping the server: SAP NetWeaver BW has reported an RFC error: Error during RFC callback: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: ‘ ThSAPOCMINIT’ : cmRc=2 thRc=67.
- Error registration of DF_JCO_Servername from host ??? not Allowed.
- Error com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError: [Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector ‘testSourceConnection1234567890’] Timeout expired while testing the connection. Please check the configuration parameters.
- Error Registration of top <program ID> not allowed.
- JCO_ERROR_ILLEGAL_STATE: Current server state dead.
- Could not retrieve InfoProvider tables from data source. An error occurred while trying to ping the server: The SAP BW server reported an RFC error: Error during RFC callback:Function RSDRI_DF_RECEIVER not found.
For the connection the first step is to check if the configuration is correct with a guided answer
Also, it can be accessed through the knowledge base article: