Announcing the availability of SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 release
SAP S/4HANA FINANCE FOR GROUP REPORTING
1809 RELEASE IS LIVE
We are happy and proud to announce the availability of SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 on September 21, 2018.
Our group reporting application is part of SAP S/4HANA Finance. It is our next generation software to help you simplify accounting and financial close processes. Our 1809 release leverages SAP S/4HANA Finance, which combines financial and management accounting data into a single universal journal – for a single source of truth. You can close the books in real time, improve compliance and control, and reduce closing effort, while drilling down on reports by any dimension.
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 delivers on the following features:
- Collaborative SAP Fiori web user experience (UX)
- Simplify your landscape and run continuous accounting
- Unify local close and group close
- Complete set of consolidation functions
- Microsoft Excel add-in
- Integrated planning, budgeting and data visualization with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Open connectivity for hybrid cloud and on-premise
COLLABORATIVE SAP FIORI WEB UX
By natively integrating SAP Fiori, SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 helps you personalize and simplify the user experience (UX) for group close. Using modern UX design principles, SAP Fiori delivers a role-based, consumer-grade user experience across all your corporate financial close tasks and devices. In addition, SAP Fiori’s collaborative features help you accelerate your financial close: for example, your business end-users can chat live to streamline the intercompany reconciliation process.
Our user-centered design concept focuses on the way employees work, and offers a variety of business benefits:
- Faster and direct access to relevant information and applications
- Transparency on items needing your attention
- Helps users decide what needs to be done next
- Allows users to take quick and informed actions
- Increases user satisfaction through an elegant UI
SIMPLIFY YOUR LANDSCAPE AND RUN CONTINUOUS ACCOUNTING
To help you simplify your group financial close process, SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 uses SAP S/4HANA universal journal as a single source of truth. Our universal journal is the basis of an integrated accounting system combining general ledger accounting, asset accounting, controlling and material ledger.
With our universal journal:
- All business transactions including financial and management accounting are recorded in a single chart of accounts
- Accounting data is permanently reconciled with SAP S/4HANA universal journal, delivering continuous accounting capabilities - since all financial data is based on the same line items, no reconciliation between financial accounting and management accounting is required
- The integration of financial and management reporting enhances your ability to meet financial regulations, such as the requirement to include operating segments in statutory reports
UNIFY LOCAL CLOSE AND GROUP CLOSE
With SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809, we help you unify local close and group close:
- Local close and group close share the same master data and rules
- Post adjustments locally and results are provided immediately for group reporting
- Perform early currency translation either during the local close or at the beginning of your consolidation to accelerate your financial close
- Benefit from native real-time audit trail and drill down to the ERP level of granularity – no need for transformation in multiple systems
- Built-in drill down to line item detail in local close and drill down on reports for any dimension
COMPLETE SET OF CONSOLIDATION FEATURES
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 includes a complete of set of financial consolidation features, from data collection to the final consolidated financial statements. Throughout the process, you can cross check interim and final consolidated results using interunit reconciliation and currency translation analysis reports; you can also analyze local and group reports in real time.
Release 1809 delivers on the following consolidation features:
- Our embedded monitors help you perform the consolidation tasks, such as various interunit eliminations and data validation
- Read and process data from SAP S/4HANA universal journal local accounting
- Load data with flat files or API’s from any source system
- Post manual journal entries to standardize the reported data according to your group policy
- Use validations to check the consistency of the data throughout your consolidation process, using comments and linked reports functions
- Translate the reported financial data into the currency of the consolidation group
- Automated interunit eliminations
- Automated consolidation of investments
- Frequently used reports pre-delivered as analytical apps including balance sheets, P&L statements, cash flow statements or statements of comprehensive income and statements of changes in equity
WORK IN EXCEL
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 integrates with Microsoft Excel. Our Excel add-in can help you run ad-hoc analysis and seamlessly connect with consolidated data in SAP S/4HANA.
With our Excel add-in you can:
- Analyze large group reporting data sets in Excel
- Discover, compare, and forecast your group reporting business drivers in Excel
- Boost analysis efficiency with real-time query response
INTEGRATE PLAN, BUDGET AND FORECAST WITH SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 is integrated with SAP Analytics Cloud to help you prepare and consolidate plan, budget, and forecast data, and to compare the plan data with actual data on a periodic or year-to-date basis.
Release 1809 includes the following features:
- Use data from SAP or non-SAP systems
- Plan, budget or forecast using SAP Analytics Cloud
- Run the consolidation process including currency translation, intercompany and investments eliminations, and reporting in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting
- Create several versions of data to enable the comparison of actual data with plan data, simulations, forecasting, and restatement
- Leverage SAP Analytics Cloud to build beautiful consolidated data visualizations
OPEN CONNECTIVITY FOR HYBRID CLOUD AND ON-PREMISE
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 is our first release for SAP S/4HANA on-premise. You can also use our cloud version called SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting, which current release is 1808.
Depending on your needs and preferences, you can run our group reporting software in the cloud, on-premise or using an hybrid mode combining both cloud and on-premise.
SAP provides yearly software updates for SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting (on-premise) and quarterly updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting (cloud), so you always have access to the latest innovations in areas such as machine learning and predictive analytics.
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 1809 /on-premise
- Technology Meets Finance Expertise – SAP S/4HANA 1809
- Release information note
- Release restriction note
- Installation guide
- Help Portal
- Product road map
SAP S/4HANA Cloud for group reporting 1808 /cloud