Part 5: Simplify connectivity to third-party document storage application from SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors
SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors simplifies and accelerates connectivity to third-party cloud applications. It provides robust, feature rich, prebuilt connectors to an extensible library of over 160 of the most popular third-party cloud applications.
In Enable SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors in trial blog, steps to enable SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors for trial purposes was covered. In this blog, we capture the simplified connectivity to a third-party cloud applications via pre-built connectors. Pre-built Connectors offer a preconfigured means of smooth, comprehensive integration through harmonized representational state transfer (REST) APIs and universal resource identifiers (URIs) with normalized authentication, error handling, search, pagination, and bulk support regardless of the underlying architecture of the third-party applications. To consume the pre-built connectors, you would have tp simply select any of the available connectors from our Connectors Catalog, connect to your third-party application tenant and authenticate using your third-party credentials.
- Test or Sandbox tenant in Dropbox or any other third-party storage application that you would like to connect to from SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors.
Note:- In this blog, we have used a third-party application from the Document hubs which is Dropbox. You are free to use any other third-party application of your choice for this exercise
- Logon to your SAP Cloud Platform trial and Navigate to the Neo Environment.
- From the services tab, search and select Open Connectors tile and click on the Go to Service link.
- You would be navigated to SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors Home or Landing page.
- Click on the Connectors tab to view all the available pre-built, feature rich connectors.
- In the search bar, type in Dropbox to view the Dropbox connectors. You can also explore and try out third-party connectors of your choice from the available connectors catalog.
- Hover over the Dropbox connector and select the option Authenticate to connect to your own Dropbox tenant.
- You would be navigated to the Create Authenticated Connector page, enter a name for your authenticated connector say mydropbox and click on the Create Instance button
Note:- Based on your selected third-party application connector, the configuration options in this screen may vary.
- Since Dropbox authentication is based on OAuth, you would be automatically redirected to the OAuth login page from drop box to enter your dropbox user name and credentials.
- After the authenticated connection to your third-party application has been created successfully you would be able to test out the connection from SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors. To try out the RESTFul APIs for the specific third-party application, click on the option Test in the API Docs.
- This would launch the integrated OpenAPI specification based API Documentation for your third-party applications so that you can test and try out the connectors from SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors.
- Select any of the available Resources say files and click on Try it Out to test the connectivity to third-party applications and then click on the Execute Button
- This would show the CURL command with the harmonized RESTFul URIs to your third-party application and the normalized authentication token which can be used to securely and seamless connect to your third-party application.
The harmonized URIs and authentication headers can be used to connect securely to your third-party application via SAP Cloud Platform from any application that supports connecting to an HTTP endpoints.
More information about Pre-built connectors features like normalized search, pagination, bulk, eventing is available in help documentations
To know more about SAP Cloud Platform Open Connectors visit us at SAP Community