Tutorial 1: Create a native iOS application (Fiori Master-Detail template) with SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS – Assistant
About me :
Hi, my name is Guillaume HENIQUE, I am a French student in an engineering school specialised in Computer Sciences. I am currently in the second year of my three-year program and I work at SAP France as an intern in the Presales Innovation Lab in Paris. As a developer, I learnt the Swift language at Sap so I am not really an expert in this particular language but I still found it interesting to write this tutorial to demonstrate that the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS highly facilitates the creation of Native iOS applications.
This tutorial aims at creating a native iOS Application that gives a view of an Odata Back-End using the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS.
In this step 2, you will learn how to generate a Fiori Master/Detail template application. At this end of this step you will be able to run the native iOS application and read business data from the ES5 demo back-end provided by SAP.
In order to follow this step 2, you first have to achieve :
Step 2: Generate a native iOS application (Fiori Master-Detail template) with SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS – Assistant
In this tutorial I used:
Please click on these links and download targets if you don’t have these tools yet.
1. Launch SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS Assistant 9.3.
This is the home page of the Assistant App. From this page you will be able to see your current projects. If this is the first time you use it the list should be empty.
You first need to configure your Assistant App so that it is linked to your Mobile Service Space on SAP Cloud Platform…
2. Click on the gear icon to open settings
3. Go to Accounts and click on + to add a new account
4. Select Mobile Services and press Continue.
5. Leave the Assistant Application opened, go to SAP Cloud Platform and log in to your account.
6. Go to Services and choose the Mobile Service: Service: Development & Operations, std.
7. On Service: Development & Operations, std – Overview, Click on Go to service.
8. Click on Important Links
9. Copy the links from Important Links section into your Assistant Application as shown below.
-Account Name: Choose an account name
-Authentication: Choose Basic Authentication
-User Name: Your SapCloudPlatform User ID
-Password: Your SCP Password
You are now ready to generate your application !
10. Click on + to generate a new application
11. Fill in the fields as show below.
- Put your Name and Organization name in the corresponding fields.
- Then choose the local destination for your project.
12. Choose the Account you just created and click on Use Existing.
Now we are going to link this app generation to the app skeleton we created in Step 2 of this tutorial.
13. Select tuto.sap (the ID you gave to your App Skeleton in SAP Cloud Platform) and then the Application Name should appear.
Now we come to the Odata Services configuration part…
We will choose the destination previously created in SAP Cloud Platform in Step 1 of this tutorial.
14. Select es5 and click Finish
The Application should be automatically opened in Xcode…
You finished creating your Fiori Master/Detail Template Application !
15. Press Play button to run the Application !
- Allow Notifications
- Press Start
- Log in into the Application with your SAP Cloud Platform Account credentials
16. Navigate into the Application
Tutorial 1: Conclusion
In this 2 steps-tutorial you discovered: