Creating your own namespace – how?
It took about 12 years of working in the SAP domain until this happened: Today, I was confronted with the task of creating a SAP namespace.
It’s actually not that hard, and I took some screenshots while doing so, and will now gladly walk you through it.
(Please note: I do not touch the topic of why you would want to create your own namespace in the first place (rather than using Y* or Z*) here. I want to leave this to either a discussion via comments or another blog maybe!)
1. Creation a new namespace? There’s an App for that!
Find it in SAP ONE SUPPORT Launchpad:
2. Choose a name. Tipp: keep it as short as possible – Namespace-Characters are deducted from the available total characters.
(Z_MY_COOL_TABLE1 vs. /MYNMSPC/MY_TABL )
3. Give a description and your customer number (or: one of your system’s installation number).
4. Agree to some legal text
5. Shortly watch the nice turning arrows 🙂
6. There you go: your namespace is registered!
7. Now – with just a click – you can create the Dev- and Repair-keys with it.
Remembering (well, copy!) those, you can leave the SAP ONE Launchpad.
8. In your dev system, in SE03 there’s the namespace-section:
9. Enter the data of your newly created namespace + save.
10: Now go ahead and try it out: se21: create a package. AdT/Eclipse: create some demo report.
Your done! 🙂
Now over to you:
Have you ever created a Namespace? Or maybe even multiple ones?
What experiences, learning and considerations can you share?
Your input is most welcome!