How to find SAP UI5 application component quickly
When working with SAP UI5 application(s) and the user experiences a problem, it is important to send the incident to the correct component to get the help very quickly from SAP either by using Expert Chat channel or creating an incident. SAP offers many support channels to our customers to get support quickly, but the challenge is to find the correct component and log the incident under the correct component so the expert team can follow up quickly and provide fast resolution.
In this blog, I will share with you a very quick way to locate the component of an SAP UI5 application so the incident can go to the correct team quickly.
These steps apply only to SAP UI5 applications and only if the SAP UI5 application has a support component defined.
- Using Chrome, open Fiori Launchpad and login
- Press F12 to access the debugging tool on Windows. Shortcut for Mac is CTRL+OPTON+K
- Click on the Fiori tile application you need to find the component for in Fiori Launchpad ( for example .. ) let’s say I am using “My Inbox” application and I do not know the component. Click on My Inbox tile
- In the debugger click on Console tab as shown below:
- Execute this line of code from the console
- This will show you the component as shown below:
Note: If after executing the code and you get “Undefined”, that means two things:
- Either you are not in the application
- The application did not have a component associated with it
Thanks for this. This is a useful way to get at the manifest without having to reload in debug or read it out of the component-preload.
Really good one Ali!
A techie way!
There's also the non-techie way as explained here https://blogs.sap.com/2017/11/08/fiori-for-s4hana-speed-up-your-fiori-support-incidents/
Thanks for this. This is a useful Post.