Hannover Messe USA – IMTS 2018 in Chicago
Today I visited the show floor for this year’s International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS 2018) in Chicago to interact with SAP professionals, business partners and customers interested in manufacturing technology. IMTS is The Americas’ Largest Manufacturing Show. It is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts buyers and sellers from 117 countries. For SAP Next-Gen, this provided an opportunity to seek new ecosystem partners to work with us in preparing students for the future of work and engaging in manufacturing related curriculum with our network of universities.
The SAP themes of this year’s show included:
- Drive greater value from your digital twin strategy using an integrated and extended digital network
- Transform your manufacturing operations from mass production to mass personalization to cost efficiently service a segment of one
Optimize asset performance, predictability, and services by extending asset intelligence and collaboration beyond your company’s four walls
- Capitalize on newer technologies, including machine learning, augmented reality, additive manufacturing, IoT, and blockchain to drive smart manufacturing and intelligent supply chains
- Predict business outcomes, generate new revenue streams and reach previously inaccessible markets to compete in new and disruptive ways by becoming an intelligent enterprise
The SAP Innovation Showcase: Enabling the Network of Digital Twins Through an Intelligent Enterprise, took attendees through a guided tour covering the lifecycle of a digital twin, from the initial CAD drawing and virtual prototype to its role in operational systems.
- (Showcase 1) – Digital Engineering – Translating Ideas to Design
- (Showcase 2) – Digital Manufacturing – Moving from Design to Production
- (Showcase 3) – Digital Customer Service – Creating Customers for Life
- (Showcase/VR Experience) – The Intelligent Enterprise – Bringing It All Together for the Manufacturer’s Sustainable Business in the Digital Age
Additional resources and links:
- The Network of Digital Twins – Brochure: Read SAP’s point of view on the value of networking digital twins across business processes, digital networks, and company boundaries.
- SAP Intelligent Enterprise: What are intelligent enterprises, and why do they effectively use their data assets to achieve their desired outcomes faster – and with less risk?
- Accelerating the Journey to the Cloud for Discrete Manufacturers – White Paper: Discover how a discrete manufacturing cloud can help you fast-track your organization’s transformation, and learn how to adopt the right industry cloud faster and with less risk.
- SAP Leonardo Technologies: Learn how SAP Leonardo combines next-gen technologies and industry expertise, so you can rapidly transform your business into an intelligent enterprise.
- SAP Digital Supply Chain & Manufacturing: Explore our integrated solution portfolio covering processes for R&D, Manufacturing, EAM, and SCM.
- SAP Industrial Machinery & Components: Optimize growth and cost savings through new business models and services