This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.16. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.115 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.109 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Cell reference enhancements
- Planning: Table formatting enhancements
- Planning: Table and model deletion improvements
- Planning: Rename cross calculations
- Planning: Context filters for data locking based on ownership
- Planning: Support for calculated accounts and exception aggregations in Data Actions
- Planning: Change the assignee for calendar tasks
- Data Integration: SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit
- Data Integration: Edit data refresh job names for models
- Data Integration: UX Improvement: In-place edit of credentials of a shared per-user connection
- Data Integration: Create a generic OData import connection using OAuth 2.0
- Modeling: DateDiff function
- Data Visualization: Private bookmarks of filters, input controls and prompts
- Data Visualization: Inline axis labels
- Data Visualization: Auto-limit for time dimensions to be sorted chronologically
- Mobile: Table of contents navigation improvements
- Administration & Infrastructure: Create support user accounts for troubleshooting
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
When cell references are displayed on a grid page and you select one cell, the source cell in the table and the target cell or cells in the grid will be highlighted.
Please note: Cell references need to be enabled first, but you can easily do this by selecting “Show References” in the toolbar.
You can now delete values from models/tables by deleting the values from tables in a story and publishing the change. It’s as easy as hitting the backspace key to delete any unwanted facts. For your convenience, this automatically changes the corresponding public version.
To help you stay organized, you can now rename cross calculations in your tables! Once you rename them, it will apply to all occurrences of the dimension in the story.
The data locking editor allows filtering based on ownership and these filters are configured by default.
Copy steps in data actions can now copy from calculated accounts. This means that exception aggregations and non-standard aggregations are also evaluated correctly.
Please note: Only one million facts can be copied at once.
Trying to keep track of who’s doing what and when? (Or maybe trying to lighten your workload?) This feature lets you easily change the assignee for a calendar task with the click of a button!
Now, you can get set-up and connected to your data quickly for imported data connections! We’ve bundled up all the necessary components to get SAP Analytics Cloud to connect to an on-premise source in one simple package.
Scheduled job names can now be edited with a meaningful description instead of relying on individual query names. Grouped jobs can also be edited.
Changing your credentials is now more easily accessible through the Connection tab or in the Datasource tab of a model. You can edit the credentials of a shared per-user connection at any time without having to start a data acquisition process.
The creation of a generic OData import connection using OAuth 2.0 is now supported. There are two grant types possible: client credentials and authorization code. Super exciting, right?
Time for you to put your calculator away and stop stressing out if math isn’t one of your many strengths! The DateDiff function is here and it’ll calculate the difference between two date fields.
For example, you can easily calculate the number of days between Order Date and Ship Date.
Think about when someone shares an amazing SAP Analytics Cloud story with you and in all your excitement, you dive in and apply input controls, change the chart filters, and maybe change some of the prompts. You love your analysis but the next time you come back, you must repeat the same steps. Well, not anymore!
Now, when you view a story, you can save your selections by bookmarking story settings such as:
- Input controls
- Chart, table, and geo filters
You can also create multiple bookmarks per story and switch between bookmarks when you’re in View mode! This will help you reduce the time it takes to set these filters and prevents multiple copies of the same story to showcase different configurations.
If you have a preferred private bookmark, you can set it as the default bookmark for when your story opens. If your story designer has made a fundamental change to the filters or prompts, bookmarks won’t be applied, and you will be notified.
Please note: This feature hasn’t made its debut for the Digital Boardroom yet. Private bookmarks are currently only viewable to the user who created them. Currently, private bookmarks on Mobile can only be consumed, not created.
For anyone who uses smaller screen resolution, you’ll especially enjoy this feature. You can set inline axis labels for bar, column and stacked bar column charts, allowing for easy and clear data presentation, especially for long dimension members.
Now, auto-limit for charts with time-based dimensions can sort your results in chronological order. Instead of looking at the top 500 values, you can focus on the most relevant information based on time!
The Digital Boardroom’s table of contents navigation continues to get better! In this release, there are several improvements coming your way.
Topic levels will be automatically collapsed to only show the main levels. Also, pages have been removed from the table and can be navigated to from the dropdown menu in the stories. The table of contents will only be displayed the first time you open the presentation.
Administrators can now create user accounts for SAP Support to log on and troubleshoot any issues. If your administrator didn’t assign a relevant role, SAP Support can request additional ones, but subsequent role requests require approval from administrators.
Please note: This isn’t available for customers with SAML authentication and customers are limited to five support users at one time.
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.15
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.14
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.13
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.12
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.11
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.10
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.09
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.08
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.07
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.06
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.05
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.04
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.