Spotlight on Reporting, Analytics, and Planning at SAP SuccessConnect 2018
Analytics and planning are a lot like doing exercise and sports. The more you do, the better in shape and healthier you will be, ready to take on more challenging activities. In sports you don’t need fancy equipment when you’re starting; even a little walk, every day makes a big difference. You need to make it a regular thing and part of your routine. There’s no benefit in sophisticated equipment sitting on the shelf or a subscription when you don’t use it. Pick up the tools, learn how to use it and then do it. Having goals and objectives in mind puts you on the right path – in business, it’s knowing the strategies and challenges you need to address. Share and show off your findings and results. It can motivate those around you to do the same, to do more. As adoption and utilization go up and it becomes a routine part of your work, it lifts your entire organization making it stronger and more agile.
The SAP SuccessFactors Vision
SAP SuccessFactors has been leading the way in helping HR organizations with adoption and utilization of workforce analytics and planning practices for many years with technology and services to build up reliable analytics and get the most out of your data. Up to 3-4 years ago, there were only a small percentage of organization that did this. Today, nearly every organization is doing some level of analytics and planning to do more. Join us at SuccessConnect this year to learn how SAP SuccessFactors is evolving its solutions for reporting, analytics and planning, leveraging the SAP Analytics Cloud technologies to outfit its customers with the tools required to bring analytics to the right stakeholders and meet their individual demands, and transform workforce data to insight to action and help HR power the Intelligent Enterprise.
What to expect at SuccessConnect 2018
This year, SuccessConnect will take place September 11 – 13 at the ARIA Resort and Casino in Las Vegas and again provides you with a rich forum to discover new insights and learn from both experts and peers’ experiences.
The following is a quick jog through the great line up of presentations that can be of interest to you in the Intelligent HCM: Data-based Strategies for Success and other tracks. Warming up toward the event, please use this as a guide to decide how to most effectively spend your time at the conference, and come prepared to ask questions:
- 66734 – Overview and Road Map of Reporting Capabilities in the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite: Rob Wood and Purnima Srivastava from SAP SuccessFactors product management provide an overview of reporting capabilities in SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite with a preview and road map for the upcoming changes enabled by SAP Analytics Cloud. This is an important session and will be repeated on day 2.
- 65532 – Round Table Discussion on Paving the Way for Unified Reporting in SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite: Join HR and reporting experts and peers for a discussion about the critical factors that define a strong reporting strategy and how you can take advantage of the latest reporting technologies.
- 67236 – (Snapshot) Learn About the Report Center and How to Enable It with Rob Wood
Analytics & Planning
- 66735 – Overview and Road Map of Business Intelligence and Planning for HR Enabled by SAP Analytics Cloud: Another important session where Michael Raich, Will Myers and Soren Hojby from SAP product management provide an overview of analytics capabilities for SAP SuccessFactors, previews the road map for the upcoming changes enabled by SAP Analytics Cloud, and discusses impact to SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics and Planning.
- 66736 – (Thought Leadership) Seize the Data: Solving Common HR and Talent Management Challenges with Analytics: Tony Ashton and Mick Collins lead a great discussion of practices for adopting and utilizing analytics in your organization with practical examples.
- 67147 – (Analytics, Demo Theater) Reimagine People Analytics for Managers and Business Leaders: A showcase of analytics applications from SAP workforce data to drive conversations and improve decisions. This session is repeated on day 2.
- 62893 – (Customer Story with SAP HR) SAP HR’s Journey to the Intelligent Digital Enterprise: Christian Schmeichel, Chief Operating Officer Global Human Resources at SAP, discusses how SAP itself uses analytics technologies internally to enable the intelligent HCM enterprise, sharing lessons learned, organizational setup for success, and ideas for moving the needle.
- 65723 – (Customer Story with John Wiley & Sons) Achieving ROI with SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics: Rich Bart, director of HRIS, and Jill Hill, talent director at global publishing firm John Wiley & Sons, team up with Erik Ebert, solutions director of GP Strategies, to describe the business case, approach, and benefits of workforce analytics.
- 67194 – (Customer Story with Whirlpool) Digital Transformation Journey – Foundations and Beyond: Hear from Dawn Christensen, HR director at Whirlpool, and Ranji Verghese, senior Manager at Deloitte, how Whirlpool embarked on a journey for HR digitalization with a vision to redefine and reshape HR operations and services.
- 67194 – (Customer Story with ExxonMobil) When ExxonMobil decided to deploy SAP SuccessFactors solutions it was with analytics in mind, to be able to drive business advantage with workforce insights. Joe Wendeborn, talent management workforce analytics and planning process lead at ExxonMobil teams up with Brian Fieser, Danny McGuinness, and Andreas Sanaty from 3D Results to discuss lessons learned from implementing their reporting solutions.
- 66731 – (Snapshot) Smart Features in SAP Analytics Cloud and How You Can Benefit from Them: Smart discovery, smart insights, smart grouping, and smart transformation – these are examples of capabilities available today in SAP Analytics Cloud that will make a difference in empowering you to more easily use your data to make better decisions, faster. You’ll really like what you see here presented by Christine Angela Virjee.
- 66732 – (Snapshot) Use the Power of Visualization to Tell Stories That Matter with SAP Analytics Cloud: Data visualization is key to telling better, more effective stories with data. Christine Angela Virjee will discuss what SAP Analytics Cloud can do to help you get more out of your data and to get your message across.
- 67235 – (Snapshot) Soren Hojby brings a spotlight on the processes for strategic and operational Workforce Planning for Near and Long Term to Close Talent Gaps.
Machine Learning in HR
- 66733 – (Machine Learning) Improve HR Effectiveness and Results with SAP Leonardo and Machine Learning: I will be speaking together with Kevin Chan about machine learning in HR and some of the use cases in the making.
- 65656 – (Machine Learning) Managers and Machines: Is Your Workforce Ready for the Future? Sunny Joshi and David Pereles, from Accenture, discuss the coming HR challenges, transformation strategies, and SAP Leonardo technologies that will enable business leaders and managers to be digitally equipped for tomorrow’s workforce.
- 68315 – (Machine Learning, Demo Theater) Intelligent Enterprise for HR
- 67180 – (Meetup/Networking) Reporting, Analytics, and Planning Meetup
Save time on your agenda to drop by the show floor and check out demonstrations of SAP Digital Boardroom and SAP Analytics Cloud and discuss how you can leverage these tools today to bring HR data into your executive and board meetings. Download the HBR report: “HR Analytics: Busting silos, delivering outcomes”.
Also, worth highlighting is the preconference training planned for Tuesday, September 11th, including the following:
- Report Center – Creating and Sharing Canvas Reports Utilizing Employee Profile Data
Employee Central Reporting – Creating custom reports using Report Center Advanced Reporting queries
- Introduction to SAP SuccessFactors Learning Report Designer
- Workforce Analytics – Report Designing and Distribution
These are hands-on sessions with discussions, demonstrations, and lab work to help you build your skills and learn how to deploy the application to your users.
These sessions are final; however, sometimes there can be last minute changes to scheduling and speakers so make sure to check the official agenda and the mobile application.
Get connected and join the conversation
Be sure to take advantage of the variety of networking opportunities while you are at SuccessConnect and meet other customers and users of the applications. Our experts, product management, and partners will be there to answer your questions, provide insights and best practices, and share ways to enhance your experience with SAP SuccessFactors solutions.
Specifically, on Thursday noon-time we have our Meetup (Session ID 67180) for everyone interested in reporting, analytics and planning. This will be a great forum to meet and make acquaintances with other customers and experts. The SAP SuccessFactors team in attendance will include leadership, presenters, product management, marketing, sales, partners and professional services, and resources supporting live customers. Take this opportunity to make connections and get answer your most burning questions.
Finding us at the event
We always welcome the opportunity to hear from you and answer your questions, and we look forward to learning about your strategies, challenges, and stories. I encourage you to contact myself or Mick Collins (email@example.com) to arrange a meeting. The team from SAP SuccessFactors will be present at many of the sessions listed above. Also visit us at the Business Intelligence and Analytics pod in the main zone at the expo, as well as at the SAP Analytics pods in the SAP zone.
We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!
If you haven’t already, register now for SuccessConnect Las Vegas!
Did you know SAP SuccessFactors was recognized as a leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites and the 2018 IDC MarketScape for Integrated Talent Management, Learning, Performance Management and Compensation? Access the reports and learn why here.