Although the PL05 release is not a major one, we do provide several enhancements you might find useful. Here we go.
In-Memory Row Storage
- SAP ASE now performs a group commit for sysimrslogs by default to optimize performance. The group commit reduces the number of buffer writes to the disk. If multiple changes (or transactions) are going to write logs on the same page, instead of flushing the buffer again and again, we group the flush requests and issue a single disk write. During a checkpoint, SAP ASE ignores group commit operations and flushes the changed imrslog buffers, even if more changes are expected on the same buffer.
- The workload profiler is enhanced to provide estimates for the size of in-memory row storage (IMRS) cache and version storage required to enable on-disk multiversion concurrency control (MVCC) for a database.
We add the -keypass parameter to ExportPrivateKey, which specifies a password to access the private key of the certificate in the keystore. This password can be different from the one specified for keystore. If you do not specify -keypass, the password used for the keystore is used to access the private key.
The @operation = [listpurgefiles | purgefiles | delete] procedure now includes these parameters:
- version — used only as an extra parameter for the downgrade operation
- stripe_name — the operation applies only to records that contain this stripe name
- dump_date — the operation applies only to records that contain this dump date
- format — one of
o raw – the output is returned unformatted
o count – returns the number of records affected
Buffer-Level Spinlock Contention
SAP ASE uses lockless data cache latches to resolve buffer-level spinlock contention.
- When the standby host is down in an HADR with DR node system, you can still recover the replication path from the primary site to the DR site.
- SSL on HADR supports Business Suite on Linux x64, Linux x86-64, and Windows x64.
See HADR Security.
That’s all. If you want to learn more about SAP ASE, take a look at the SAP ASE documentation on the Help Portal.