Intelligent ERP Update: SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 Release – Deep Dive for Analytics
Welcome back to the next blog in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Analytics blog series. In the last blog on “Intelligent ERP Update: SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1805 Release updates for Two-Tier ERP Analytics” where we’ve introduced several innovations as part of 1805 release highlights for our next generation, intelligent cloud ERP solution for analytics deployment, we are happy to take the tradition of blogging series to the next level with new innovation scenario‘s for analytics.
We’re releasing even more advanced analytics features and analytics content in our new 1808 release that motivates enterprises to run independent ERP systems in cloud with analytics integration capabilities.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 release brings a truly intelligent enterprise suite for Cloud ERP solution which brings evolution from a transnational system to a digital system empowering organization to provide people with the insight they need to make better decisions and enable them to act with Self-Driving Enterprise equipped with a self-learning enterprise system.
With the digitization of enterprise business, people needs to be more agile than ever to be successful in a highly competitive environment. With the Embedded Analytics, Machine Learning capabilities in Intelligent Enterprise and SAP Analytics Cloud /SAP Digital Boardroom help business leaders succeed in the digital economy with total transparency in real-time, instant data-driven insights, and simplified steering meetings.
In this blog, let’s understand how the latest product features of SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Cloud enrich the analytics capabilities
Top 3 business driven innovations to analyze your data using analytics capabilities.
1. SAP Analytics Cloud Procurement content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
2. Improved Financial Analytics SAP Digital Boardroom content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
3. Inbound Service for Predictive Analytics Integrator
Let’s take deeper look at the first business driven innovation with procurement.
- Pre-built set of procurement analytical dashboards that get you 360 view of supply chain, procurement and logistics and reports help you analyze purchase spend and off contract spend with robust analytics on S/4HANA Cloud.
- Give executives a complete, real-time view of company situations and KPI’s across departments – and foster trust among leaders
- Align executive decisions on one source of truth across business areas
- Predictive capabilities to empower users making better decisions for procurement activities with a self-learning analytics solution. Procurement Off Contract Spend and Contract Ratio predictions over Time series empower the users with cost reduction strategy aimed at standardizing procurement prices for commonly procured, homogeneous and price varying inputs
- Improved Off Contract spend analysis provide insight to products and services that are purchased off contract or at a price different to that negotiated.
- Contract Spend Ratio describe the purchasing value based on purchasing contracts versus total purchasing value.
- Improved Procurement spend analysis provide insight to how organized the purchasing activities are and how mature and defined the relations to the suppliers are. Insights include the purchase order net amount analysis for suppliers, plants, material groups, purchasing organizations, purchasing groups and Purchase order amount overtime per cost center.
Users can build SAP Analytics Cloud stories based on released CDS views relevant for procurement or leverage own queries created by you. For list of released CDS views, see CDS Views. Only CDS Views containing the @Analytics.query: true annotation will appear in SAP Analytics Cloud. Refer documentation on help.sap.com for more details..
SAP Analytics Cloud Procurement Content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP Digital Boardroom for Procurement content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Let’s take deeper look at the second business driven innovation with Financial Analytics
- Pre-built finance Core Data Services (CDS) views ‘G/L Account Balance with Flow-Measure’ and ‘KPIs based on Financial Statements’ that help the customer understand business trends for P&L /Balance sheet and Financial Statement KPI’s. Balance sheet & Cash flow Analytics updates, new advanced script-based formulas in SAP Analytics Cloud and pre-delivering integration jobs with best practice for analytics solution.
- Enhanced balance sheet analytics, leveraging new advanced script-based formulas in SAP Analytics Cloud and Pre-delivering integration with best practice solution. Leverage new S/4HANA Cash Flow Planning & Carryforward support, P&L and balance takes place in one load process and new higher performance planning input templates
- Robust Integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud with Integration Jobs for data acquisition.
SAP Digital Boardroom Financial Planning & Analysis content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP Analytics Cloud Financial Planning & Analysis content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Let’s take deeper look at the third business driven innovation with Inbound Service for Predictive Analytics Integrator with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP has introduced a new concept with Inbound Service for Predictive Analytics Integrator for predictive data modelling. Predictive Data Models can be built and deployed in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This innovation provides detailed configuration information to customers to activate the integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Predictive Factory.
Detailed steps listed are customer specific, they cannot be delivered by SAP, and must be performed by the customer.
- Set up the SAP S/4HANA Cloud communication arrangement
- Create Technical Communication User
- Create Communication System
- Create Communication Arrangement
- Configure the PAi application connection in SAP Predictive Factory
Accelerators provide only the firsthand guidance about functionalities focusing on predictive factory integration.
Other Innovations in Embedded Predictive scenario include Sales Forecast for Sales Mangers and Sales Analytics Predicted Delivery Delay.
With Fiori App Sales Performance-Prediction, allows Sale Mangers to Forecast the number and value of sales a company expects to make set sales targets and figure out ways to achieve them.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Embedded Sales Analytics Predicted Delivery Delay. With the Fiori App Predicted Delivery Delay a sales manager is enabled to monitor his current delivery performance situation, and instantly recognizes the effect of delivered as requested ratio of sales orders, to prevent a critical delay of delivered goods and hence increase customer satisfaction and customer retention in the future.
For more details refer to SAP Best Practices Explorer scope items 2V2: Inbound Service for Predictive Analytics Integrator and 2YJ: Predictive Analytics Model Training – Sales.
Stay tuned for more updates in the next quarters!
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 Release Blog
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud User Community: register here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA, or myself via @har1234 (Hardeep Tulsi)