Getting started with the SAP HANA service
In June 2018 the ‘all new’ SAP HANA service for the cloud foundry environment was released.
The SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA service gives you cloud instances of SAP HANA on-demand, that are is managed by SAP and purchased on either a subscription or consumption basis. It’s the easiest way to deploy and use HANA.
So you now want to get going with the SAP HANA service but don’t know where to start?
Well the SAP HANA Academy has produced a series of hands-on video tutorials to show you the ropes: SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA service
These hands-on tutorial videos are designed to take you from “zero to hero” and cover all aspects of the SAP HANA service – from provisioning a new instance to deploying applications to configuring client connections.
There are already over 25 hands-on video tutorials available covering the following topics:
- Cockpit: Provision instance
- Cockpit: Provision schema
- Cockpit: Deploy application
- Administration: HANA Cockpit
- Client Access: hdbsql
- Client Access: Python
- Client Access: Node.js
- Client Access: ODBC
- Web IDE for HANA: Deploy multi-target application
- Web IDE Full-Stack: Getting started
- Web IDE Full-Stack: HDB module
- Web IDE Full-Stack: Node.js module
- Web IDE Full-Stack: Deploy
- CLI: Getting started
- CLI: Provision instance
- CLI: Provision hdi-container/schema
- CLI: Delete service instances
- Installing and configuring client tools
- Install and configure client: Python
- Install and configure client: Node.js
- Web IDE for HANA: Deploy multi-target application with UAA
- CLI: Deploy multi-target application with UAA
- Client Access via WebSockets (Python, Node.js, hdbsql, ODBC)
- Client Access: SAP Predictive Analytics
- SAC Access from SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAC Architecture & Pre-requisites
- SAC Install Tools
- SAC Configure SAML2 SSO
- SAC Verify Trust
- SAC Deploy Analytics Adapter
- SAC Configure Authorizations
- SAC Additional Sources
Code snippets are available on GitHub.
Have fun with the SAP HANA service!
The SAP HANA Academy provides free online video tutorials for the developers, consultants, partners and customers of SAP HANA.
Topics range from practical how-to instructions on administration, data loading and modeling, and integration with other SAP solutions, to more conceptual projects to help build out new solutions using mobile applications or predictive analysis.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy