“SAP strongly recommends to not use P-users in any productive integration scenarios. Instead we recommend using client certificate or Oauth authentication for such scenarios.”
Purpose of a technical user: Many times, you have several people working in the integration work space, but not all have an individual S-user assigned to them. Also sometimes, during an error, we need several parties to look at the problem and it is immensely cumbersome to assign access to each user on a need basis. There are cases, where you had to share your user password due to time constraints.
All the above problems can be addressed with the help of a technical user. A technical user is a generic user who you can assign the required roles and share with all the intended parties.
Steps to create a technical user:
A technical user is an SAP P-user that can be created as follows:
- Go to blogs.sap.com in an incognito mode so you do not get logged in automatically. Click on Log On. Choose Register in the pop-up window:
- Enter all the required information on the register screen. The activation link shall be sent to the email address provided by you on this screen, so enter a valid email address:
- You will receive the following email for activating the new user:
- Click on the activation link – once activated, your registration is complete. You shall be directed to the following page:
- Click on Go to Account Settings to get your user details:
- Now go to your SAP Cloud Platform Accounts cockpit, choose the sub-account of your Cloud Platform Integration tenant and click on Members:
- Add the P-user that you picked in step 5, assign all the required roles and add a relevant description for future reference:
- The user is successfully added to your Cloud Platform’s sub-account:
- Go to Security –> Authorizations –> Users. Enter the P-user you just added and click on Assign. Now choose all the roles you want to assign to this technical user:
- The technical user is ready to use.