Developing and testing the Java code of your Custom Task Templates is much easier using JUnit Plugin-Tests.
This sample will create a BOE session and execute the task template as standalone test (no running ActiveMQ, Automation Framework or BI Agent service required).
Here are the steps for the Custom Task Template you have created using the tutorial How to create a Custom Task Template for BI Automation Framework.
Import additional content
- Download Attachement TaskWriter_SampleJUnitTestProject.zip from SAP Note – 2626505
- Import the project com.sap.bong.task.sample.test
- Import the Launch Configuration
Modify existing sample project
- Open the MANIFEST.MF file
- Add com.businessobjects.boesdk to required Plug-ins
Modify imported test project
- Open the SampleTaskImplTest.java file
- Enter the logon information for your BOE system
- Browse the source code to see how the BOE session is created, input parameters are managed and the task is executed
Run the JUnit Plug-in Test
- Select Run > Run Configurations…
- JUnit Plug-in Test > SampleTaskImplTest > Run
- Check the Test results in the Console
- Check the Test results of JUnit