This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.15. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.118 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.109 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Calendar user deletion enhancements
- Planning: Filter processes and tasks
- Planning: Download calendar tasks
- Data Integration: Data upload options alignment
- Data Integration: Text extraction transformations
- Data Integration: Scope Replace override for S/4HANA Cloud
- Data Integration: Default values for un-mapped S/4HANA Cloud target fields
- Data Visualization: Keyboard shortcuts
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
We know it’s Summer, but it’s never too late to start your Spring cleaning! As an administrator, you can determine the fate of the content previously owned by deleted users in the calendar. Calendar content is now considered in the context of user life cycle management. Now, calendar tasks for deleted users can now be reassigned with ease, and unshared calendar content will be automatically deleted.
We’ve added extended filter capabilities in the calendar so that you can filter roles (i.e. Creator, Reviewer, Assignee), and due dates (i.e. next three days). Make sure to check out the different filter options in Gantt view and calendar.
Keeping your tasks organized just got easier! You can now download calendar tasks as .ics files. Files contain direct links to your tasks and can be seamlessly integrated into other calendar applications. One caveat to look out for is that this capability isn’t available if the user was removed from the task, or if the task was cancelled.
Refresh and import data jobs now share the same upload options. For the Update option, you can add new rows and update transaction data for existing dimensions. For the Append option, all uploaded rows are added to the model. Cleaning and replacing a selected version, or a subset of data is for transactional data only. Toggling Reset Model on removes all master and transactional data. This is the default state for job refreshes that have the “Clean and Replace” option toggled on. Don’t worry – you’ll receive a warning when you select this option.
Start taking advantage of semi-structured content during data preparation! This new transformation extracts data from columns and outputs the results as a new column. You can extract data from a column containing semi-structured data based on easy to define conditions and output the results as a new column.
All you need to do is complete the sentence below:
- Extract [<what to extract]>] [<where to extract>] [<which occurrence>] [“”] from [<column name>] [<include value option>]
Financial planning scenarios with S/4HANA Cloud have been further enhanced. You can now define a specific scope replacement of data when exporting SAP Analytics Cloud data back to S/4HANA Cloud.
Default values for un-mapped S/4HANA Cloud target fields
You can easily define values for unmapped S/4HANA dimensions where the default value is selected from S/4HANA dimension members. In addition, the data export rules for dimension mapping between SAP Analytics Cloud dimensions and SAP S/4HANA dimensions has been relaxed to allow for the export of un-mapped dimensions.
Check out our supported shortcuts:
- Save: Ctrl + S
- Save as: Ctrl + Shift + S
- Select All: Ctrl + A
- Select multiple widgets or subtract a selection: Ctrl + Click
- Group/Ungroup: Ctrl + G
- Nudge single widget or multiple widgets (by 1 px): Arrow Keys
- Quick move widget (by 10 px): Shift + Arrow Keys
- Bring selection forward (backward): Ctrl + Up (Down)
- Bring selection to the front (to the back): Ctrl + Alt + Up (Down)
- Show grid: Ctrl + Alt + G
- Underline: Ctrl + U
- Bold: Ctrl + B
- Italics: Ctrl + I
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.14
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.13
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.12
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.11
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.10
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.09
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.08
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.07
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.06
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.05
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.04
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.