We are pleased to announce that SAP HANA cockpit SP 07 is now available for download in the SAP Software Download Center. This release introduces significant improvements and new functionality for SAP HANA system administrators in the areas of UX, landscape management, security, backup & recovery, Database Explorer, and performance management tools.
A 1-hour webcast and live demonstration of new features is scheduled for Wednesday August 15th at 11:00 AM EDT / 5:00 PM CEST – to attend this session, please click here to register.
Here is a summary of the key new functionality:
SAP HANA Cockpit Deployment
- Starting with SP 07, the cockpit’s persistence can be an SAP HANA 2.0 (SPS 02 or higher), enterprise edition tenant database. This new deployment option allows companies to leverage existing infrastructure and high availability/disaster recovery procedures already in place. The original option of using the embedded SAP HANA 2.0, express edition remains and continues to be fully supported in scenarios where customers want to use that edition for the cockpit’s persistence.
Administration and Monitoring
- The cockpit’s Landscape and Overview pages now follow SAP Fiori design guidelines. Both pages take advantage of SAP Fiori Launchpad, enabling personalization and a richer user experience.
- Configuration templates of SAP HANA parameters can be created from “model” SAP HANA resources. These templates can then be applied to other resources simultaneously, thus greatly improving the DBA’s productivity as there is no need to manually keep track and make configuration changes to resources individually.
- From the Cockpit Manager, administrators can manage active cockpit sessions and send passive or proactive UI notifications to those sessions. This new feature is useful for informing cockpit users of upcoming downtimes, maintenance windows, updates, etc.
- For multi-host SAP HANA systems, generating table redistribution plans now give you the option to view and analyze all plan steps before executing the plan, thus providing insight on what the physical layout of the tables will be and offering DBAs with the ability to make changes.
- The cockpit now has a tile to launch the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Solution Finder. Customers taking advantage of this service can choose to proactively implement recommendations based on thousands of SAP installations.
- You can now create and configure user groups. User groups are intended to support a segregation of user management duties and are an efficient way to manage user authorizations.
- User authentication by passwords stored in an LDAP directory server is now possible.
Backup and Recovery
- The cockpit provides housekeeping of the backup catalog. Administrators can now choose to delete full backups or a generated backup.
- For SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 03 or later resources you can now configure a backup retention policy to automatically schedule jobs to delete backups.
- A new feature for SAP HANA smart data integration (SDI) allows administrators to create SDI remote sources and view SDI-related objects in the catalog browser.
- For cockpit users who also deal with SQL development, a stored procedure debugger is now included.
Performance Management Tools
- UI improvements to the capture and replay tool improve the visibility of information displayed in the Replay Monitor, Replay Report, and Replay Overview pages.
- The SQL Analyzer can now save and download SQL plans, and enhances the display for the SQL time, dominant operators, and statistics.
- UI improvements have been implemented to the Workload Analyzer tool when visually displaying background jobs and timelines, and the navigation to other performance management tools has been enhanced.
Webinar recordings and presentation materials are available on demand in the SAP HANA International Focus Group (iFG) Community. Click here if you are already a member of the SAP HANA iFG Community. If not, please register @ http://www.saphanacommunity.com/.
Enjoy this new version of the SAP HANA cockpit in your day-to-day SAP HANA administration and monitoring activities.