SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the Intelligent Cloud ERP: Q3 2018 overview of some key business scenarios
Welcome to this Q3 2018 product update on the “intelligent Cloud ERP” series.
In this video you will find some central use cases shipped to customers with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 product update. All of those innovations are enhanced by brand new digital assistant, machine learning or predictive capabilities.
Those three technologies, now coming to maturity, are bringing business processes run by SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 to the next level.
- SAP CoPilot, our digital assistant
At the beginning of this year, we enabled natural language interaction for our digital assistant SAP CoPilot. I presented some use cases in the last videos, such as Smart Buying.We continuously extent the scope and functionalities of SAP CoPilot. With the 1808 update, SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers can now use SAP CoPilot as a digital inventory assistant to simplify the outbound and inbound logistics processes, and improve material flows.
Looking for a few roadmap items for SAP CoPilot? With 1811 we will enable sales managers to use either text or voice to ask SAP CoPilot to provide them an overview of their current workload and their most important tasks.
- SAP Leonardo Machine Learning
A recent market study conducted by SAP and the Economist Intelligence Unit reveals just how beneficial machine learning has been for early adopters. Here are a few examples from this product update:
- Finance and Business Exception Detection for SAP Financial Statement Insights: Smart Alerts in SAP Financial Statement Insights is a new feature which aim at automating the detection of unusual business situations in revenue and cost accounts.
- In Procurement now, with automated Proposal for Materials without Purchase Contract: Processing long lists of open purchase requisitions, operational purchasers can easily create RFXs from the possible bundles suggested by a machine learning algorithm.
- Manufacturing, and Dynamic Buffer Level Adjustments for Transfer Materials: utilizing machine learning capabilities, the buffer level proposal for materials with source of supply type “transfer” can be calculated more accurately.
Demand-Driven Replenishment – Buffer Analysis
- Predictive analytics and SAP Predictive Analytics Integrator
With 1808, you will be able to Monitor your delivery performance using predictive analytics.
Using the new SAP Fiori app “Predicted Delivery Delay” sales managers can gain important insights into the current sales order fulfillment situation of open orders.
This will help monitor and control the predicted delay of the planned delivery to the customer.
Sales reps can immediately take actions to mitigate the situation in case a delay is predicted.
Leveraging this intelligent functionality, you can ensure that you keep customer satisfaction high, and don`t lose customers because of frustrating missed delivery dates.
Did you miss the intelligent Cloud ERP use cases from the previous quarter? Here is the full collection.