SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 – Intelligent Scenarios
This post is by Peter Russo, Head of SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Finance LoB & GRC Product Marketing
S/4HANA Cloud 1808 release builds on prior releases to provide thebroadest AI-powered functionality in the ERP market. With these new intelligent scenarios, we further strengthen our leadership in intelligent cloud ERP market.
- Business Exception Detection for SAP Financial Statement Insights: Smart alerts in the SAP Financial Statement Insights Web application aims to autonomously detect unusual business situations in revenue and cost accounts, such as detection of wrong bookings, improving P&L accuracy
- Proposal of Options for Materials Without Purchase Contract: When processing long lists of open purchase requisitions, operational purchasers can easily create RFxs from the possible bundles suggested by a machine learning algorithm. This significantly automates the RFx process by reducing exceptions and errors to improve efficiency and lower cost, leading the way to an intelligent, no-touch, full-automation world
- Demand-Driven Replenishment for manufacturing: Improve the buffer-proposal calculation for materials with source of supply type “stock transfer” through machine learning capabilities, resulting in better service levels and, potentially, less bound capital in inventory
- Predictive Analytics for Sales Forecasts: Gain reliable insights and improve the sales forecast using predictive analytics and machine learning with app “Sales Performance – Predictions.”
- Predictive Analytics for Delivery Performance: Gain important insights into the current sales order fulfillment situation of open orders regarding the predicted delay of the planned delivery to the customer, and take action for improvement and improved customer satisfaction
- Track Sales Orders: Easily communicate using natural language through voice or text for faster accurate tracking.
- SAP CoPilot on iOS: Enables you to work seamlessly between your desktop and your iPhone, allowing you to be productive anywhere, leveraging a digital assistant that is context aware.
- Situation Handling: Situation handling brings urgent issues to the attention of specific groups of users who are then able to react immediately to the notifications they receive. This not only speeds up the handling of critical business events in your company but also supports the optimization of your business processes
- Some of the other major Natural Language Processing (NLP) innovations in this release include the finance and sales audiences. From the finance perspective, the Accounts Payables (AP) Accountantscan easily manage supplier line items and monitor payments by identifying payment batch and approvers. Account Receivables (AR) Accountantscan process receivables, create dispute case, create payment promise, display correspondence history and manage payment advices for better communication and transparency. The sales personnel can effectively manage sales orders without charge and easily manage credit and debit memo requests to further simplify the process.
For details, please read: https://www.sap.com/documents/2017/05/f4e55015-bb7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html