How to change “KeyText” display position in Analysis for Excel (AFO)
This is my first blog so pardon me for silly mistakes if I have made any 🙂
Many times users want to change the position of “Key and Text” position in Analysis for Excel. There could be different reasons behind that, for example:
- Sorting the characteristics, based on alphabetical order
- The presentation does not look good
- You want to see the “Text” first and “Key” in the second place
- Easy to identify the characteristic being alphabetical sorted
There can be more, right now I can only think of those
Of course, there is a search option available which users can use but this is a bonus 😀
The default settings look like below; when you enable “Show Technical Names” under “Display” option of Analysis tab
Steps to change the KeyText position:
1. Navigate to “File” Menu of Excel
2. Click on “Analysis” option
3. Click on “Customize Analysis” and choose “Technical configuration”
4. Scroll down until you reach to “KeyTextDisplay” option
5. Change the text on the right-hand side from “KeyText” to “TextKey”, after the change press “Esc” on your keyboard to go back to your result set or use the “Back arrow” sign on top of “Analysis” option, see step 2
6. After the change, the Characteristics will be sorted automatically in alphabetical order
!This setting is case sensitive. If you write “TextKey” in small letters, the display of characteristics will not change.
AFO Version Used: 2.6
Happy learning 🙂
FYI : you can also directly select "Show technical Names" to see
Yes sure you can but this only enables technical name, it does not sort and it also does not change the position
Das Manna thanks for that information, very nice to know it.
Btw. do you know if it's possible to switch between displaying key and text in the header of the crosstab ? Like here:
Hello Konrad Załęski,
Sorry for the late response. I tried to replicate your requirement but no success, I don’t have a solution for such a requirement.
The only option I see is, either you can have "0" or "Material". How to bring them together, no idea 🙁
No worries, thanks for trying!
There is no direct auto switch, what you can do is copy Technical name of dimension to Description.
For multiple language, we have International Name in the filter section but in Display- only Key&Text or Text&Key or Key or Text is available.
How can I change the display to including the International name?
I do not know the model behind used in your scenario. Looks to me International Name is an attribute to this Multiple Language InfoObject. Does this International name is Navigational or Display attribute. Is it first time you do not see the values of before it was visible ?
Thank you for your response.
Nope, International Name is not a Navigational or Display attribute.
If US users refreshing the report, they're not seeing this field.
It's only visible to China/Non-English Users.
Is it happening for the first time or was it working before?