SAP Document Center is succeeded by SAP Cloud Platform Document Management Service. Refer to this link for more details.
SAP Document Center started as file sync and share software and gradually has evolved into strong document management software to manage and mobilize business documents. For these new business use cases, a new Document Center web interface is developed that provides
- Management and access of documents for CMIS compliant ECMs like MS SharePoint, Alfresco and non CMIS ECMs like SAP DMS, SAP KM etc.
- Better integration for SAP DMS (A successor for Easy Document Management desktop clients)
- Better versioning flow
- Advanced Search
- Create Favourites
- SAP Fiori based Web App
The new advanced Web App for SAP Document Center is available as beta from July 2018. You can try out the new SAP Document Center by following steps below.
Try out new SAP Document Center (Beta) Fiori App
1. Enabling beta flag on sub-account
You must enable beta flag on the sub account where you want to try out the beta features. To enable beta flag, refer to following help documentation –
Note – Please don’t enable beta feature on your productive account. It is recommended to create a separate sub-account or use the trial system
2. Start SAP Document Center Service
- Open SAP Cloud Platform cockpit page
- Open the Servicespane and enter query string SAP Document Center in the search field. Click the SAP Document Center tile to enter the admin page.
- Press the Enable button
3. Adding SAP Document Center App to Fiori launchpad
Please follow steps below to enable Portal service and adding SAP Document Center App.
a) Enable Portal Service and create a Launchpad site – Refer to relevant steps here – https://sap.github.io/cloud-s4ext/week-2/unit-4/
b) Click on App Resources and you should see the subscribed app ‘sdc’. Choose “Add to Site” action to add the app to the site.
c) Go to Apps tab and name the tile of the App as “Documents”
d) In the Apps tab for Documents app, choose visualisation as “Static App Launcher”. You can also choose an icon for the app tile.
e) Create a new Catalogs by name “SAP Document Management”. In the Catalog, under Apps assign the “Documents” app and under Roles assign the “Everyone” role.
f) Create a new Group by name “SAP Document Management”. In the Groups, under Apps assign the “Documents” app and under Roles assign the “Everyone” role.
To learn more about Catalogs and Groups, refer to following help documentation:
- Catalog – https://help.sap.com/viewer/3ca6847da92847d79b27753d690ac5d5/Cloud/en-US/e5d00dad393f424c98fc936f96059e20.html
- Groups – https://help.sap.com/viewer/3ca6847da92847d79b27753d690ac5d5/Cloud/en-US/2b638d38a26042b4af0b3f95af12412b.html
g) Publish the launchpad site.
You are now ready to try out new SAP Document Center App. Launch the launchpad site you just created and launch the “Documents” app.
The new App starts with a Dashboard view where you can see all document repositories, your favourite folder and documents etc.
Trying out Advanced SAP Document Center and SAP DMS Integration
To try latest SAP DMS and SAP Document Center integration, you must have following:
- SAP Document Center (Beta) Fiori App. Steps for enabling the same are explained above.
- Latest SAP DMS CMIS Connector – It is part of S4HANA 1709 FPS02.
To configure SAP DMS repositories which please check following blogs –
If you face any issue, please comment it on the blog or ask it as question in community and tag it with 'SAP Document Center'.