This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.14. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.113 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.109 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Planning: Conditional inverse formula
- Data Integration: Incremental model load based on time or numeric data fields
- Data Integration: Improved workflow for connecting to S/4HANA services
- Data Integration: Query builder integration in live SAP universe workflows
- Data Integration: Live connections to SAP universe calculation support
- Smart Assist: Create R-visualizations on live BW, S/4HANA and Universe models
- Mobile: Set favorites in Mobile app
- Digital Boardroom: Home screen usability improvements
- Data Visualization: Optimize canvas design experience
- Data Visualization: Lazy loading
- Data Visualization: Additional translations for Geo
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
Conditional inverse formulas can now be defined using the “INVERSEIF” function. This function enables data entry on a calculated account when a condition is met.
We’ve enhanced our data import connections to support incremental data loads for SuccessFactors, generic OData sources, and S/4HANA sources via OData connection. This allows for better management of data loads via schedule if the data set contains Date dimensions or Numeric dimensions which can be leveraged for incremental loading. Additional data source support for incremental loads will be added in future releases of SAP Analytics Cloud.
Please note that removing the incremental load indicator will bring back all the data defined in the query.
Data import connection to SAP S/4HANA has been made easier. Now, you can simply leverage a single data import connection to exposed financial planning OData services. Get excited because this means you don’t need to create one connection per service!
This is made possible via a new Discovery Service gateway that is delivered as part of 1808 release of SAP S/4HANA Cloud and will also be available in the 1809 release of SAP S/4HANA On-premise.
We’ve improved the Create Model dialog to make it easier for you to create a model from a live SAP Universe connection! The Create Model dialog now leverages the Query Builder, allowing you to answer prompts and to select Universe objects.
The Query Builder allows users to create live Models based upon the objects in a Universe. This brings greater ease for content creation against large Universes where only a subset of dimensions and measures may be needed.
Story content creators, you can now enrich your stories with custom calculations for live connections to SAP Universes! The Calculation Editor now supports the creation of calculated and restricted measures.
You can now create R-visualizations based on data from your live BW, S/4HANA and Universe models.
It’s okay to play favorites sometimes. With this feature, you can save time by setting your favorite stories and having them available first. Never scroll through a list of stories again!
Users don’t need to look through folders or files anymore to find their Digital Boardrooms. Administrators can set Digital Boardroom to be the default content that every business user sees when logging on to SAP Analytics Cloud.
Creating beautiful stories within SAP Analytics Cloud has become even easier. This optimized canvas design experience paired with a simplified Page Styling panel allows for a faster and more intuitive design experience.
Figuring out how to arrange your graphs has been made easier with these features:
- Snap to Object (default): Within a 12-pixel limit, objects will automatically snap to the edge of the nearest object in alignment, indicated by a guide line.
- Snap to Grid: When moving the object, you will be shown a preview of where the object will fit within the grid.
Story view time has been improved by only loading the content in the viewport, meaning that all other widgets are loaded in the background.
Full interactivity with widgets is preserved in the viewport including input controls and linked analysis. With chart scaling, the scale of widgets outside the viewport is also taken into consideration.
For example, as a viewer, you can scroll to your widgets of interest and the other widgets will be loaded in the background. This means that navigating to the second page will be quicker upon opening the story.
We’ve added 1,100 more location translations to the Geo map.
As a reward to France for winning the World Cup, we’ve updated France’s regions to better reflect its regional boundaries! (Just kidding. We were going to update it anyway!)
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.13
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.12
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.11
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.10
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.09
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.08
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.07
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.06
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.05
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.04
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.