BP and CVI in SAP S/4HANA System Conversion
Content updated on October 3, 2022.
One of the major activities in an SAP S/4HANA system conversion project is implementing Customer Vendor Integration (CVI) and creating Business Partners for customers, vendors, and contact persons in the SAP ERP system before the start of S/4HANA system conversion. Business Partner Approach is an important simplification item in SAP S/4HANA as explained in SAP Note 2265093. The note also indicates that CVI implementation is a prerequisite for converting an SAP ERP system to SAP S/4HANA. My colleagues and I from SAP’s S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group (RIG) have supported several S/4HANA projects globally and have been directly involved in assisting our customers with CVI implementation and synchronization. Based on our experience, I have put together a document explaining the entire CVI Synchronization process in a step by step format to help consultants engaged in S/4HANA conversion projects. The document covers the following topics within BP and CVI.
- BP & CVI in S/4HANA – Overview
- Handling Custom Enhancements
- CVI Synchronization Process (Preparation, Synchronization, and Post System Conversion Activities)
- Impact on Interfaces
- Lessons Learned
- Approach and Recommendation
A pdf version of this document can be downloaded from the link below.
For questions please check these helpful links:
- See all questions and answers about SAP S/4HANA
- Ask a Question about SAP S/4HANA
- Follow SAP S/4HANA for more blogs and updates
- Visit the community topic pages for SAP S/4HANA
I hope this blog post was helpful for you. If so, click on “like” or “share”. I’m looking forward to your feedback and thoughts you may have in the comment section below.
Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA RIG and Customer Care team.