We will be learning how to export and Import Configured APF Configuration Modeler application.
This is blog is Part 4 in series of Analytics Path Framework (APF).
You can learn about how to Integrate APF based application with Smart Business Applications, How to build APF based applications with APF configuration modeler and Analytics path framework, its Behavior and Interactions in my previous blogs.
- All the prerequisites are met for APF configuration. You can check the prerequisites here.
- You have already configured APF based application. You can learn How to build APF based applications with APF configuration modeler from here.
I have already created a configuration in my development system. You can learn how to create an APF Configuration from here.
Now if we want to transfer the APF Configuration to Quality or Production system, we have to Export the APF configuration and its text pool.
Configuration and their text pools are saved in two separate tables so If you want to transport them in between systems you need the table entries as files.
When you export them you get a configuration file in .json format and a text file in .properties format.
- Before exporting perform a text pool cleanup. Any time you change a UI text in APF configuration Modeler both old new text are retained in the text pool therefore your text pool may contain texts which are not longer in use.
- For Text pool cleanup go to application overview of APF configuration modeler click on Edit button and select the application.Now press Text pool cleanup button.
- To export the APF configuration modeler application open the application from application overview of APF configuration modeler.
- Now select the Configuration which want to export. and press Export button in Footer Bar.
- Now download both Configuration and Text Properties files.
- Open the APF configuration Modeler app in the system(Quality or Production) in which you want to transport the APF applications and go to Application overview page.
- Press the Import button from the Footer bar.
- Here Provide the Downloaded Configuration and Text Properties files from development system.
- After pressing Upload button, files will be imported to the target system.