Analytics Path Framework (APF) | Part 3 : Integrate APF application with Smart Business Applications
We will be learning how to Integrate APF based application with Smart Business Applications.
This is blog is Part 3 in series of Analytics Path Framework (APF).
You can learn about How to build APF based applications with APF configuration modeler and Analytics path framework, its Behavior and Interactions in my previous blogs.
- You have used the SAP Smart Business modeler apps to create the following:
- A KPI
- An evaluation
- A KPI tile
- You have deployed a shipped APF-based application or created a configuration for an application that you want to launch using a Smart Business KPI tile.
- All the prerequisites are met for APF configuration. You can check the prerequisites here.
- You have already configured APF based application. You can learn How to build APF based applications with APF configuration modeler from here.
You can create a KPI tile for the following types of applications:
- Shipped APF-based application (unchanged) : A configured BSP application that you use as it was shipped, without making any changes.
- Shipped APF-based application (enhanced) :A configured BSP application that you have imported and changed using the APF Configuration Modeler.
- Generic runtime application :The generic APF runtime application is used to execute an APF configuration that you created using the APF Configuration Modeler.
- New application : An application you have created using the APF Configuration Modeler without using the generic application.
To configure a KPI tile for an APF-based application follow the below steps.
- Create KPI and Evaluation from KPI workspace Tile.
- Open “Configure KPI Tiles” app and create a Tile for APF.
1. Create KPI and Evaluation from KPI workspace Tile :
You can create a fresh KPI and Evaluation or you can use the already build Smart Business KPI and Evaluations.
Follow this blog to learn how to create a fresh KPI and Evaluation.
In My case if have created a Fresh KPI and an Evaluation with below parameters for Demo purpose.
KPI Name : new kpi apf
Data Source Odata Service : /sap/opu/odata/sap/C_SALESVOLUMEANALYSISQUERY_CDS
Entity Set : C_SALESVOLUMEANALYSISQUERYResults
Value Measure : SalesVolumePercentage
Exchange Rate Type (Equals) : M
Display Currency : INR
2. Open “Configure KPI Tiles” app and create a Tile for APF :
- Select the configured Evaluation (configured in the previous step) and press the Add Tile in the detail page area.
- As shown in Mark 1, Go to the Navigation area and Select Analysis Path Framework as drill-down.
- Depending on the type of application you’re using, enter the following data:
- In Our case I have entered following Data for demo Purpose:
- Semantic Object : FioriApplication
- Action : executeAPFConfigurationS4HANA
- Configuration : My Configuration
- If you use a shipped BSP application, a KPI tile may have been shipped along with it. In this case, semantic object and action are already filled.
- In Mark 2, under the field Title enter Title of your Tile.
- In Mark 3, under the field Subtitle enter Sub Title of your Tile.
- In Mark 4, under the field Catalog select the catalog in which you want to save the Tile.
- In Mark 5, By clicking Save and Configure Drill-Down, you can navigate to the APF Configuration Modeler to view or edit the configuration. This is useful because from here you can navigate directly to the relevant configuration. You cannot search for a configuration in the APF Configuration Modeler itself.
- After assigning the application to a group and authorize user for this group, you will able to see this application on your Fiori launchpad under the provided group.
- Click on the Tile to Launch the application.