SAP CSR Mega Science Fair with Agastya Foundation
300+ volunteers. 2000+ children from over 20 government schools. One massive event!
The atmosphere was electric at SAP CSR Mega Science Fair at Shikshakara Sadan, Bengaluru. The event was organized in association with Agastya International Foundation on 24th July,2018.
The event was inaugurated by Gunjan Patel (SAP CSR APJ) and Tyagraj (CEO Agastya Foundation). There was a prayer song sung by the children and lighting of the lamp. Hosted by Pavithra Jatin and Sudhansu Mohanty the event was flagged off to an amazing start.
The volunteer turnout was the largest we have received so far for an CSR activity at Bengaluru. Over 300 volunteers from SAP labs Whitefield, SSZ, Ecoworld and BTP campuses. Over 120+ young instructors who were trained by Agastya Foundation to explain working models, activities and experiments.
There were over 70 models including eclipse, resonance, human body part models, motor, submarine, periscope, medicinal plants, optical illusions, conservation of energy and gyroscope wheel. Apart from stalls where children could learn concepts, they were many activity stalls where they could be a part of the experiment and do things and understand science better. Do it yourself corner, paper craft and origami, low cost models, busting black magic and science in toys were the most popular and memorable ones.
The DDIP of Karnataka, Jayrang also visited the fair and expressed his appreciation for the initiative. The vote of thanks was given by Pavithra and from Agastya team along with a note of appreciation from minister. Certificates were given to all volunteers by Gunjan Patel. We received great feedback from the visiting children, many of them even said they would like to volunteer as young instructors next time. The young instructors deserve special appreciation for being able to patiently explain complicated concepts in an interactive and understandable manner repeatedly throughout the day. Even at four their energy levels were sky high and they never got tired of asking for selfies with us.
It took over a month’s planning from the CSR team, Agastya team and all the volunteers to pull off this massive fair! From Student pickup and registration to crowd management, from food and water supply to photography, from model explanation to fun activities – each part of the event was done by our volunteers. It wasn’t easy to manage 2000+ children from over 20 government schools but we managed the show without a glitch and hats off to the commendable efforts put in by all the volunteers and young instructors!
- Thanks for providing us this opportunity. It was truly an amazing experience – Vidhya M
- Very well organized – Ain Khurrathul
- It was a great experience, thank you for all the coordination and effort you and the team put ? – Rachita Sreedasyam
- It was a great experience, very well coordinated and organized by Pavithra and Gunjan. I’m also glad that I got the opportunity to meet likeminded folks from many SAP’s entities. – Rohit Kumar
- Mega Science was such a wonderful and successful event. The event was very well thought through and executed. We know what a huge effort it took to make this event so great. Hats off to Pavithra and the main coordinators. I enjoyed working with entire team. Looking forward to the upcoming events! – Senthil Kumar
- Thank you and everyone for having it up! Everything was arranged very well – Ruchir Batra
- Thanks for organizing the event and making it fun ? – Pradeep Chellathurai
- It was a very humbling experience, I learnt a lot from the children – Ashish Rawat