SAP S/4HANA Cloud Stay Current with Global Certification Program for Certified IT Professionals!
Dear SAP S/4HANA Cloud IT Professional Community,
Last Modified: January 28, 2020
If you are a consultant certified in one or more of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud lines of business exams, this blog is very important to you, especially the Q&A section below. If you do not follow the Stay Current program requirements below, you will lose your certification and badge validity, requiring that you re-certify; In other words, retake your core exam.
About the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Stay Current with Global Certification Program
The ‘stay current’ delta content and assessment(s) for SAP S/4HANA Cloud are available to external customers and partners only via the SAP Learning Hub. If you are currently holding an SAP S/4HANA Cloud line of business certification, you must successfully complete the stay current content and the relevant assessment before each quarter’s deadline. Global Certification will send you an email upon every release, announcing the beginning of a new Stay Current cycle with relevant information and deadlines. Please read that email carefully.
In order to maintain your certification credential, you MUST hold a valid individual SAP Learning Hub subscription and complete all future quarterly delta assessments on time; this is especially important as every customer-facing consultant is expected to hold a valid line of business certification for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Completing your Self-Paced Delta Training and Assessment:
Subscribers of SAP Learning Hub (Professional or Solution edition for SAP S/4HANA Cloud) can review ‘stay current‘ delta course(s) and complete the stay current assessment(s) by following the process below:
- Review your relevant Learning Journey(s) where you will find your core certification exam in the ‘Become competent’ scenario. Then, select the Stay Current course that is assigned to your exam and learning journey. For convenience, find the list of learning journeys that are part of the Stay Current program below. The assessment itself is in the Stay Current delta course as well as a separate link in the learning journey Stay Current tile:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Finance
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Manufacturing
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Procurement
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Professional Services
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Sales
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Enterprise Asset Management
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Supply Chain
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Warehouse Management
- Service Management certification will be released in Q2 and take part in the Stay Current program.
- Alternatively, if you already know what stay current course and assessment are assigned to your exam, log in to SAP Learning Hub, navigate to ‘Learning Content’, and there you can search for “S/4HANA Cloud 2002” (or later release) and the relevant stay current programs will be shown.Please keep in mind that the last 4 digits will change quarter over quarter.
Reminders from Global Certification:
- Reminder 1: SAP Global Certification will send you an announcement about the Stay Current program on the RTC (release to customer) date of any given quarter release prompting you to start the stay current process.
- Reminder 2: Afterwards, Global Certification will follow up with an email reminder 4 weeks prior to your deadline to ensure that you do not miss it.
New to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Certifications?
It is necessary that you have an SAP Learning Hub subscription in order to maintain your certification quarter over quarter. If you have not yet subscribed to SAP Learning Hub (Professional or Solution edition for SAP S/4HANA Cloud): navigate to the Professional or the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Solution editions in the SAP Training Shop and complete your purchase of either edition. All currently and future certified professionals MUST have a valid SAP Learning Hub user account to maintain certifications and badges for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud lines of business exams with no exceptions.
Upon receipt of your SAP Learning Hub credentials…
- Log into SAP Learning Hub, professional edition or solution edition, and select the Learning Journeys navigation on the top left.
- Select ‘SAP S/4HANA Cloud” using the Filter or type ‘SAP S/4HANA Cloud’ to view all available learning journeys for your solution.
- Select the line of business learning journey that interests you and review the different scenarios.
- Join the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Learning Room for expert guidance and live sessions.
- Use the links in your learning journey course tiles to assign content to your learning plan and prepare for your core exam.
- If you bought the solution edition for SAP S/4HANA Cloud after July 16, 2018, you can apply the two (2) exam takes included in the solution bundle to pass your core exam.
- When appropriate, select the ‘stay current‘ scenario and assign to your learning plan the delta content and assessment for the core exam you have passed and want to maintain.
Important Information Links:
To read more about Certification at SAP, Certification Hub, and the new Stay Current with SAP Global Certification Program for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, please visit:
- General Certification and Certification Hub Information
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Stay Current Information
- SAP Learning Hub Professional Edition
- SAP Learning Hub Solution Edition for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (comes with 10 hours of Live Access & 2 exam attempts with Certification Hub bundle for professionals focusing only on SAP S/4HANA Cloud topics)
- View our edition comparison grid or visit com/learninghub.
- Available Certification Digital Badges
Q: Which line of business exams for SAP S/4HANA Cloud are currently participating in the Stay Current with SAP Global Certification Program?
A: If you have already passed one or more of the following line of business certifications, you must begin your stay current process with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808 release of the product and Stay Current content and assessments. This also applies to the 1802 release exams that may overlap with the 1808 updates. Here is the list of exams currently in the program:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Finance Implementation
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Manufacturing Implementation
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Procurement Implementation
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Professional Services Implementation
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Sales Implementation
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Asset Management Implementation
Q: When will the stay current delta content and assessments for the lines of business exams be available in the SAP Learning Hub for me to complete?
A: The next Stay Current content and assessments will be available on August 6, 2018 for the 1808 release and November 5, 2018 for the 1811 release. You have until the subsequent release RTC date to complete the assessment and maintain your credential and badge: e.g. to stay current on the 1808 release, you have from August 6 until November 4, 2018 to pass the assessment assigned to your core exam(s). This logic is used quarter over quarter as the general rule.
Q: Will I receive any reminders or notifications from SAP Global Certification when these assessments are available?
A: Yes, you will receive an announcement via email that the latest Stay Current content and assessment is now available on the SAP Learning Hub, and then you will receive a reminder approximately 4 weeks prior to the deadline so that you do not miss the opportunity to keep your credential and badge.
Q: What happens if I do NOT complete the assessment during the 3-month period, missing the deadline?
A: Your SAP S/4HANA Cloud certification credential will expire and your badge will show your status as expired. There is no grace period, so please mark your calendars accordingly to log onto the SAP Learning Hub and complete your stay current requirements. Once your certification credential expires, you will be required to re-book and re-take the Certification exam, to obtain a fresh Certificate / fresh Digital badge. This re-certification attempt will count towards your available certification attempts regardless of whether you are using the SAP Certification Hub or the free 2 takes that comes with the SAP Learning Hub Solution Edition for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Q: I am a customer key user, project manager or architect certified on the onboarding fundamentals exam: C_TS4C_1608, C_TS4C_2017 or C_TS4C_2018. Will I lose my exam credential if I do not take the related stay current course and assessment?
A: No. Although you (as project manager, architect or key user) should always keep up to date with SAP innovations, the onboarding fundamentals exam is not part of the stay current program. You are not required to pass the assessment in the SAP Learning Hub to keep your certification credential and badge. Your C_TS4C_xxxx credential will be valid until SAP Global Certification expires the release of the exam you hold.
Q: I don’t currently have a subscription/account for the SAP Learning Hub Professional or S4HC Solution edition, but am already certified in one or more of the lines of business exams. What happens if I do not purchase a valid subscription when SPA S/4HANA Cloud 1808 releases?
A: The assessments are tracked by SAP Learning Hub user subscription account, so you will not be able to maintain your certification starting with the 1808 release unless you personally log into SAP Learning Hub with a valid user account. This is the only way to access the ‘stay current’ materials and the assessments to maintain your certification credential every quarter.
Q: Will each one of the assessments count as an exam take with my Certification Hub subscription or with the bundled 2-exam takes in the SAP Learning Hub solution edition?
A: No. The stay current program uses SAP Learning Hub assessments, and these are part of your SAP Learning Hub subscription.
Q: I just passed the SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Asset Management Implementation exam on 1808. Do I need to pass the SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Asset Management Stay Current assessment right away before the deadline of November 2, 2018?
A: No, the core exam for SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Asset Management Implementation was released for the first time on 1808. You are current. You will start your Stay Current journey with the 1811 release of the product via the 1811 stay current delta content and assessment.
Q: I passed my line of business certification in 2017 on the 1705 release. Do I need to pass every delta assessment since then to ‘stay current’ and not lose my credential and badge?
A: No. You can start your Stay Current journey with the advent of the 1808 stay current content and assessment on August 6, 2018.
Q: I noticed that there is a learning journey with core content already available for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud R&D area. Will there be an exam and therefore a stay current course and assessment available in 2018?
A: No. We will plan to make that exam available in 2019. When it becomes available, it will also become part of the Stay Current with SAP Global Certification Program.
Q: I represent a partner company and am responsible for ensuring the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Sell Authorizations remain valid for my company. Does the stay current program apply to my organization as well and my organization’s S/4HANA Cloud Sell Authorizations?
A: Yes, the Solution Consultant requirement of the S/4HANA Cloud Sell Authorizations also requires your resource (that is maintained in the PartnerEdge PRM tool who holds the Solution Consultant requirement) to also follow the Stay Current with SAP Global Certification Program approach.
Q: I am an SAP Partner organization. What happens if my Solution Consultant (maintained in the PartnerEdge PRM tool) fails to “stay current” for any given quarter?
A: During the Semi- annual PRM check, if your resource is indicated to have failed to stay current, your organization’s Sell Authorization will be demoted to “At Risk”. Ideally at this point, you must ensure to inform the consultant that he/she must re-certify if the time lapse is greater than 3 months or complete the missed “Stay Current: assessment, so that your organization’s Sell Authorization can revert back to “Authorized”. If your resource fails to complete the “Stay Current” assessment at this point, during the next round of PRM check, your organization will lose your S/4HANA Cloud Sell Authorization.
SAP Global Certification