With the release of SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services 1806, you can now also create a custom Mobile card kit client using Cloud Build Service for iOS device. Cloud Build service already supports configuring and building custom Fiori Client, Mobile Development Kit Clients and SAP Asset Manager.
In this blog post, you will learn how to build a Mobile card kit client using cloud build service with adding a new app icon, app name etc. like below.
left side image/icon is from standard SAP Mobile Cards app , right one is custom.
Let’s get started,
- Step 1 : Obtain a certificate signing request
- Step 2 : Create a new development certificate
- Step 3 : Register an App Group
- Step 4 : Create an iOS App ID
- Step 5 : Register your device
- Step 6 : Create a development provisioning profile
- Step 7 : Configuration in SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services Cockpit – Creating a signing Profile
- Step 8: Start Cloud Build Service
Note: below steps are sort of a walkthrough choosing minimal steps in order to show how to build a custom client, you are free to choose various other ways/options for the same outcome.
Open KeyChain Access app on your local MacBook , navigate to Keychain Access Menu > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority…
Fill out the information in the Certificate Information window as specified below and click “Continue.”
- In the User Email Address field, enter the email address to identify with this certificate
- In the Common Name field, enter your name
- In the Request group, click the “Saved to disk” option
- Click on Continue and Save it .
- open https://developer.apple.com/account/ > Certificates, IDs & Profiles
- Create a new iOS Certificate (Development) and download it locally.
Note: downloaded certificate is with .cer extension , for creating a Signing Profile in Mobile Services “Signing certificate file extension should be p12 or pfx“
- Double click on downloaded certificate, this certificate will be added to KeyChain Access app, right click on it. Select “Export….”
- You will be required to enter a password which will be used to protect this certificate, once done, you will have certificate file with .p12 extension. (note down this password somewhere or remember it , as this will be used later while creating a signing profile in Mobile Services Cockpit)
- Navigate to “App Groups” under “Identifiers”, click on ‘+’ icon.
- Enter App Group name
- For ID: “group.” is default added as soon as you starting type ID (you have to enter only ID like com.test.jk)
- Click “Continue” and “Register“
- Name: of your choice
- Bundle ID: Should be same as mention in App Group i.e. com.test.jk
Note: Apple recommends (or requires) that the App Group and the Bundle ID match, with “group.” added to the beginning of the Bundle ID to form the App Group.
- Under App Services, select App Groups as shown below:
- Click Continue and Register
- Wait, we haven’t assigned which App Group this app ID should linked to. So, go to list of App Ids (left side) and look for the ID you just created in previous step . Select it and click on Edit and then again click on Edit as mentioned in below screenshot. Select App Group , continue and Assign.
You have successfully updated the App Groups associations with your App ID.
- UDID: Device’s unique identification (Connect your iphone to your Mac, open Xcode , look into “Device & Simulators” option under “Window” menu
- Click on “Development” available under “Provisioning Profiles” section
- Click on ‘+’ icon
- Select “iOS App Development” under Development, click on Continue
- Select App ID created in step#4, click on Continue
- Select Certificates , you can find this certificate with name (Common Name) you provided in step#1, click on Continue
- Select devices added in step#5
- Add a valid name to your provisioning profile, click on Continue and then Download it
- Login to Mobile services cockpit page e.g. trial account – https://hcpmsadmin-xxxxxxtrial.dispatcher.hanatrial.ondemand.com/
- Expand “Settings” > click on “Signing Profiles“
At the time of writing this blog, Cloud Build for Mobile card kit supports only iOS platform.
- Click on “Upload“
- Select Platforms – iOS
- Give a unique name to your profile
- Import Signing certificate .p12 generated in step#2, enter key
- Import Provisioning Profile downloaded in step#6
- Click “OK”
- Expand “Mobile Applications” , Click on “SAP Mobile Cards“
- Click on “Cloud Build“
- Enter Device App Name – Enter any name of your choice
- Bundle ID – same as mentioned in step#4
- App version – e.g. 1.0
- URL Scheme- optional
- Application Launch Icon – Optional
- Save it
- Click on “Build History“
Click on “Build” , select a “Signing Profile” , Press “OK“
- You can click on above build to see related logs. After couple of minutes, build completes with success.
You can install this new custom mobile card client app either by scanning QR code from iPhone’s camera app (click on “Install”) or Download binary locally and install in your device via Xcode or other means.
More information on
I hope this gives you some idea how to create a custom Mobile card kit application.