SAP Asset Manager version 2.0 was released on June 22 and is now available in the Apple App Store.
SAP Asset Manager is a mobile app that leverages the digital core with SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP and SAP Cloud Platform for managing work orders, notifications, monitoring conditions, consuming materials, managing time, and analyzing failures. It enables highly skilled workers who maintain enterprise assets to perform their job with complex information and business logic that is always available whether they are connected to the network or working in offline environments.
Key Features and Enhancements – Version 2.0:
- Integration with SAP ERP Enterprise Asset Management On-Premise (ECC 6.0) –Previously available only on SAP S/4 HANA On-Premise edition, SAP Asset Manager 2.0 can now be deployed with SAP ERP Enterprise Asset Management On-Premise edition.
- Additional Device Support – iPhone –The application is now available for iPad and iPhone.
- Component Approach – Components can be added to the application to add or modify features. Multiple components are released with SAP Asset Manager 2.0 such as Meter Management, Crew Reporting and Field Operations Worker.
- New Field Operations Worker Role – On top of the already available Maintenance Worker role, users can now use the application with a new role: The Field Operations Worker. This role supports workers who perform asset inspections and checks with focus on measurement points and on smaller services and repairs.
- Crew Reporting – Plant Maintenance Crew Reporting can be used for time entry. Allows time capture for entire crew from one device.
- Quick Entry Measuring Point – Measuring can be done at the asset level. The simple and intuitive user experience allows fast entry for different measuring points and a quick view of measuring points history.
- Meter Management
- Meter installation and uninstallation
- Aperiodic readings
- Warranties – Display manufacturer and customer warranty information.
- Enhanced Related Workorder Info – Display both historical information as well as pending jobs.
- PM Confirmations – Submit time entries using CATS or PM confirmations.
- Support for all eight WM Assignment Types – Customers have a variety of data distribution options for having mobile data sent to the technician, as well as a framework for creating their own if the built-in options are not sufficient.
- Production resources and tools – Read only info of associated PRT on workorder operations.
- View and Edit Characteristics – Editable info for classes and characteristics.
- Language and Localization – New languages available: Norwegian, Danish, French and German.
Key Features and Enhancements – Version 1.1:
- Manage work orders, notifications, and timesheets – Core asset management functionality
- SAP Fiori for iOS User Interface – New look and feel, co-designed through the Apple + SAP partnership
- SAP S/4HANA support – Native integration
- Robust offline functionality – Full business logic available, even when disconnected
- Attachment handling – Create and manage documents
- Single sign-on support – Using SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance
- SAP Cloud Platform support
- ESRI ArcGIS integration
- TouchID integration
- Enhanced user profile screen – Sync, reset, set log levels, contact support
- Overridable demo mode - Demo databases can be managed using Apple File Sharing
- E-mail onboarding – The app ID and client ID can be set from a URL that can be accessed through e-mail or a Web page
- Brandable client – Override settings at build time
Find more details about the release highlights on the SAP Help Portal:
- SAP Asset Manager: https://help.sap.com/viewer/p/SAP_ASSET_MANAGER
SAP Asset Manager Prerequisites:
- SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition 1610 Feature Package Stack 01 or higher (2493602 – SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On Installation Master Note)
- SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 7 SP14 or higher (2660361 – SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for ERP Installation Master Notes)
- Apple iPad or iPhone running iOS versions 10.x or higher
- 2646515 – Software Release Note – SAP Asset Manager 2.0
- 2646495 – Release Restrictions Note – SAP Asset Manager 2.0
- 2493602 – SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for S/4HANA Installation Master Note
- 2660361 – SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for ERP Installation Master Notes