Setup and Common Issues when Creating ERP Follow-up Documents from an Opportunity in SAP Cloud for Customer
Several follow-up scenarios can be setup when you integrate C4C (SAP Cloud for Customer) with your on-premise SAP ERP system. From sales documents created in C4C you have the following options:
- C4C opportunity => ERP sales quote => ERP sales order
- C4C opportunity => ERP sales order
- C4C sales quote => ERP sales order
- C4C sales order => ERP sales order
In this blog post I would like to focus on the setup and common issues of creating ERP sales quotes from a C4C opportunity. You can create follow-up sales quotes from an opportunity in C4C by clicking on the Actions button and selecting Create ERP Sales Quote from the list:
- Go to the Sales work center in C4C.
- Navigate to the Opportunities view and create a new opportunity.
- Fill out all the mandatory fields and add at least one product, then open the opportunity.
- Click on the Actions button.
- Select the Create ERP Sales Quote option.
After the follow-up document is created, it is available in the Sales Documents facet of the opportunity. You can also setup the integration scenario to view the created documents in the Document Flow facet. The .pdf version of the documents is available as well by setting up the print preview scenario. Please, check the integration guides for more information.
There are two main steps you need to perform in C4C:
- You need to scope the question ‘Do you want to create follow-up documents for opportunities from your cloud solution to an external application?’ in Business Configuration work center.
- You need to setup and configure the following communication arrangement in Administrator work center: Creation opportunity follow up document in SAP Business Suite (Interface: FollowupDocumentCreationRequestFromOpportunityCreationOut).Note: make sure that you use the correct path (Service URL) and authentication method.
In ERP you need to setup COD1 output type for the confirmation in transaction SPRO.
You need to configure and deploy the following iflows in your HCI (CPI) or PI tenant:
- Create Opportunity Follow Up Document in SAP Business Suite
- Notification of Opportunity or Sales Quote of Follow Up Document in SAP Business Suite
- The opportunity must have products in order to create an ERP follow-up document.
Without products, this action cannot be performed.
- You can create more than one follow-up documents from a single opportunity, however, in order for this to work, you need to setup the confirmation message from your ERP system along with the iflow Notification of Opportunity or Sales Quote Follow Up Document in SAP Business Suite in your middleware. Additionally, you need to configure and activate the inbound service Notify opportunity about the follow up document from the SAP Business Suite in the communication arrangement.
In case the confirmation doesn’t arrive in C4C for all the items, the Create ERP Sales Quote action will not be available in the opportunity. The action is also disabled if the confirmation comes back only for a few items.
In order to create more than one follow-up document in your ERP system from a C4C opportunity, the confirmation message needs to reach C4C successfully with all the items that were sent to your ERP. You can check this by analysing the confirmation message in C4C Administrator work center > General Settings view > Web Service Message Monitoring (Service Interface: UpdatingOpportunityWithFollowUpDocumentIn).
- When you use custom document types in C4C, make sure you flag the statuses you wish to allow the creation of ERP Sales Quotes. Otherwise the action will not be available in the opportunity.
You can flag the custom statuses in Business Configuration work center > Opportunities activity > Maintain Custom Status > Select the respective Document Type and flag the custom status in the Create ERP Sales Quote column for those you wish to create follow-up documents.
- If you encounter connectivity and/or authentication issues, check the paths, service URLs you use and the certificates (or user ID and password) in the communication arrangement and in the middleware.
In case you experience any issues with this scenario, please, check our knowledge base as we have a good amount of support articles to help you. Should you not find any for your issue, please, do not hesitate to open an incident from the respective C4C tenant.