SAP Global Track and Trace – a new era in tracking and tracing
Traceability is a core capability to efficiently orchestrate goods to market and mitigate risks. Complete supply chain traceability includes visibility into both product creation and the movement of goods and assets across company and system boundaries. Achieving this can be challenging, but the right tools make it possible.
The new cloud application SAP Global Track and Trace (GTT) provides an end-to-end process visibility and status monitoring, enhanced with cloud-based, multi-tier logistics network capabilities, for all kinds of logistics and execution processes but also tracking of serialized objects.
With SAP Global Track and Trace you can:
- Capture, process and store messages with tracking information relevant to each business process and object.
- Query with detailed information of tracked process and object which includes: status, date and time of the planned/unplanned events (milestones).
- Notify relevant stakeholders in the network about status of the business process and object.
- Share data and provide visibility across multiple business partners and relevant stakeholders in a supply network.
- Rely on the big data architecture of GTT and scalability for any kind of scenario.
- Be always up to date with newest functionality through continuous delivery of GTT.
Current Functionality Highlights:
SAP GTT provides out of the box integration into the SAP ERP for different processes which can be tracked, like Deliveries or Shipments.
Tracking of Objects based on EPCIS
With the May 2018 release of GTT object tracking and EPCIS support were incorporated into Core Data Model together with EPCIS Capture interface supporting various events.
Integration with geo maps
Integration with geo maps allows you to track planned/actual events on the map. Different color codes are used for event statuses and event context information.
Event to Action
Event-to-Action Engine allows you to define Rules to automatically trigger actions if certain events are processed for a tracked process instance. It can send notifications to specific users, update the status properties or the tracked process instance or even trigger a generic message to the SAP Cloud Platform Integration for various follow up actions (etc. status change or action in SAP ERP system).
Overdue Event Monitor
Is a tool for periodic detection of planned events that are overdue. Event status of the planned event is set to “Overdue” and Event-to-Action Engine can be used to trigger additional actions.
Internet of Things and Sensor Integration
Together with our partners GTT provides the possibility to integrate with many different sensor types, measuring a wide range of parameters.
SAP Global Track and Trace is the best in class global business network to enable track and trace across global sourcing, logistics and fulfillment networks, enabling real-time insights into your global value chain from raw material to end of life. Stay tuned for regular updates and functionality previews or drop me a request for more information immediately.