Requisition creation in Recruiting Management from Employee Central Position Management is a feature used by most of our BizX customers. We have outlined here a method of ensuring that the Recruiter field is populated in the requisition via EC Org Structures (Legal Entity, Department etc.)
In this case, we will make use of Legal Entity to default Recruiter into Position, and from there to requisition. The changes involved are as follows:
- Custom field(type User) in Legal Entity to capture the Recruiter information
- Custom field in Position object(type User) to capture the Recruitment manager
- Mass Change Run object to populate this information for all existing Positions and in case of changes in the Legal Entity Recruitment Manager attribute
- Position rule to default Recruitment Manager in case of newly created Positions
- Update the Position – Requisition mapping to include mapping for Recruiter information
Custom fields in Legal Entity and Position
Mass Change Run for Position (the conditions here can be maintained as per requirement, in the current example we have limited the update to one Legal Entity, and a particular Pay Grade)
The below would be needed whenever there is a change in the Recruiter associated with any of the EC structures. Another possible approach here would be to configure a Off-cycle Batch run which would check for changes and then update the Position.
Position rule, to default the Recruiting Manager in case of new Positions, when Company code in Position has changed or to capture updated Recruiting Manger from Legal Entity . This rule can be assigned on : onChange of Company field & onSave of Position object
Typical use case for the above rule would be:
- Creation of new Positions
- Change of Legal Entity within the Position, which would need the Recruiter associated to be updated
- General check when the Position is updated to check if the Recruiter is in Sync with the current setting
Update the Position-Requisition mapping rule
Finally when we create a requisition from the Position Org Chart the Recruiting Manager should be picked up and updated.
The above process can be built on any of the EC Org Structures like Department, Division, Business Unit.
Co-author: Shyamu Raja Murthy