Recently I came across a requirement saying ” A WebI report needs to be projected on a big TV screen / Projector, and report should refresh automatically in every 30 seconds without manual intervention”
To address this requirement, I found one solution which is through SAP Extensions.
We can enable “SAP Extensions” for a user group so that users of that group when log on to WebI, they would see an “SAP Extensions” tab which will allow us to set the refresh frequency.
Here are the steps to do so ( I tried this on BOBJ 4.2 SP03 Patch 11) –
- Log on to CMC
- Go to User Groups; Right Click -> Customization
- Click on “Extensions” tab
- Here you would get an option to enable “SAP Extensions”
- By default, BOBJ comes with an “Extension Sample 1.0.0”
- Enable this extension by clicking the “check box” right left to “Extension Sample 1.0.0”
- Save & Close
Now when you ( if you belong to the user group for which the extensions are enabled then) log on to BI Launchpad, you would see a new side panel called “SAP Extensions”, there you can provide your refresh frequency.
You can set any frequency ( in seconds) that you want and report would pull latest data from database and show it on the screen.