Skip to Content

Recently we have come across error post SAP BO upgrade in one of our FMCG client. SA BO got

upgraded from 4.2SP3 to 4.2SP5 Patch1. Post that there was below error while running the WEBI

report.

“Failed to retrieve the cube for connection BICS (systemID) non SSO. (Error: INF)

Again this error was coming only for few reports. Sometimes due to multiple refresh error was not

appearing.

  1. We reached out to SAP and based on their inputs we collected some logs from SAP BO and backend servers.
 

We tried to collect some logs from BO and the back-end servers. Please find below the logs-

ST12 trace info:

PERFORM IF FOUND failed SID_EXIT_WSSTATIMS

PERFORM IF FOUND failed SID_EXIT_0VENDOR

PERFORM IF FOUND failed SID_EXIT_WHCLUSTER

FM: RRSI_SIDCONVERT_TYP_GET

Based on Marcin description- HANA level issue – out of memory level

05.06.2018 09:41:57       indexserver (pid 82325) on host vhmdztgpdb04 is running out of memory.  Used memory of service: 904673MB, effective allocation l              Check for services that consume a lot of memory.

05.06.2018 09:41:57       indexserver (pid 145488) on host vhmdztgpdb03 is running out of memory.  Used memory of service: 877120MB, effective allocation Check for services that consume a lot of memory.

05.06.2018 09:41:57       indexserver (pid 18068) on host vhmdztgpdb02 is running out of memory.  Used memory of service: 891118MB, effective allocation l              Check for services that consume a lot of memory.

2. We also tried creating new SSO/NonSSOconnections. Even tried creating new reports but it was

still failing and giving same errors.

3 We went through multiple SAP notes as shown in the below link

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/preview/en/2349485

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/preview/en/2195088

Still the issue persists.

4. We also verified Design time in the DSL bridge service and it was already disabled.

5. We also installed WEBI rich client and issue did not persist.

6.Finally issue got resolved by following workaround.

Issue was due to DesignTime API coming from BW Side.

We disable this feature by editing  DSLBICSconfiguration_custom.xml located in

installation Folder\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib

<entry key=”useConcurrentDesignTimeQuery”>false</entry>

<entry key=”useDesignTimeService”>false</entry>

<entry key=”useDesignTimeQueryForRefresh”>false</entry>

This has fixed the issue.

7. SAP also proposed below SAP note

2645695 – Exception CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL for remote hierarchy

Finally we  could resolve the issue.

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply