For SAP ONE Support Launchpad: SAP Launches Schedule an Expert for Open Incidents with Limited Availability
Experience 40% less ping-pong resolving incidents. Starting on June 11, Schedule an Expert for open incidents will be available on a limited basis in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. Book a session and reduce the number of delayed messages and information requests that you get from support. Speak with the assigned support engineer to discuss the technical details of your open incident in a 30-minute Skype call that you schedule – saving you time and effort.
Schedule an Expert for open incidents will be released in phases. Phase 1 will be available for high priority incidents with select support engineers. Sessions can be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance, and select products apply.
What are the differences between Schedule an Expert for open incidents and Schedule an Expert (for new issues)?
Schedule an Expert for open incidents enables you to clarify technical details of the incident and discuss them with the assigned support engineer. This joint effort will result in faster incident processing time.
Schedule an Expert for open incidents is available for high priority incidents with the assigned support engineer. Additional conditions apply, see: What Qualifies as An Open Incident for Schedule an Expert?
Schedule an Expert (for new issues) is meant to address new topics for which you would normally report an incident, and sessions can be booked a minimum of 48 hours in advance. It can be accessed through the Schedule an Expert tile on your SAP ONE Support launchpad home screen.
Both versions of Schedule an Expert offer real-time support that lets you directly schedule a 30-minute Skype session with a support engineer. Spend less time waiting for response and resolution.Incidents submitted through Schedule an Expert sessions are typically solved with 40% less ping-pong than written incidents, and show a 50% reduction in Time to Solve based on nearly 4000 completed sessions.
What Qualifies as An Open Incident for Schedule an Expert?
If eligible, a Schedule an Expert button will appear in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad when the following conditions are met.
- The incident is an Open Incident.
- The incident is high priority.
- A processor has been assigned to the incident and is available for scheduling.
- The incident is within Product Support (note that Schedule an Expert is not offered within SAP Development Support)
How Do I Schedule an Expert for an Open Incident?
1.Open the incident in SAP ONE Support Launchpad, click Edit on the bottom-right of the incident page.
2. The Schedule an Expert button appears on the bottom when the above conditions are met. Click on the Schedule an Expert button and then click on Book a Session.
3. Select the available date and time in your time zone to schedule your session.
4. Add a detailed description and any attachments, click Submit.
5. You will receive a booking confirmation mail. Click Add to Calendar (.ics) to add the meeting request to your calendar. Click on View Upcoming to view your scheduled sessions(s).
For more detailed steps, check the user guide here.
To see a list of products eligible for Schedule an Expert and Schedule an Expert for Open Incidents, go here. As the Schedule an Expert service for open incidents is deployed across SAP, there will be more availability. Check back periodically for added and products and time slots for scheduling.