Ariba Buyer Integration to SAP ERP/S4HANA is quite easy never before…
SAP® Ariba® delivers the pre-packed integration content in CI-X series i.e. CI1…CI9, CI9SP1 and CI9SP2 to integrate customer’s ERP system predominantly SAP ERP to Ariba cloud.
The CI solution on SAP ERP and SAP PI/PO side is delivered as SAP transports and ESR contents respectively. Customers are required to download the pre-packed content from Ariba connect and import the SAP transports into their ERP system and ESR contents into their SAP PI/PO system.
This would enable the customers to implement the Cloud Integration solution to connect Ariba cloud. However, it requires considerable effort for implementation, customisation, testing and go-live and it is time consuming as well. It takes 6 to 9 months for an average buyer to go live in Ariba cloud.
Customers encountered few challenges whilst on on-boarding to Ariba cloud. Here are few examples:
- Customers are required to import the SAP transports into their ERP system in particular sequence and identifying the right sequence is difficult at times.
- Bug/Hot fixes are also delivered as SAP transports and it should be imported into ERP system in the order delivered.
- Upgrading the CI solution to further releases takes considerable effort.
- Continuous feature delivery makes customers tiresome and they are required to adopt the features frequently.
- No single place to perform the configuration. Sometimes, the required configurations are identified during runtime.
- Customers are required to perform end-point configuration for each transaction flow and it needs to be done across the landscape.
- Customization in PI mapping needs to be adjusted, as and when the ESR content is upgraded.
- Customers are not able to follow the lengthy Ariba CI document.
Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway (CIG) is the only solution for all the above challenges.
In continuation to the success of CIG on supply side integration, now the solution is extended to buy side integration.
SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway (CIG) powered by SAP Cloud Platform Integration(CPI) enables the integration of buyers’ SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA systems with Ariba Network and SAP Ariba applications.
This integration solution comprises of two components:
- Light-weight CIG addon (SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway add-on) supports SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA
- CIG framework powered by SAP Cloud Platform Integration provides Integration As A Service(IAAS).
There is a shift in delivery process in CIG addon delivery and it follows SAP standard delivery process. So, customers must download the add-on from SAP Service Marketplace (SMP) or from software downloaded centre instead of Ariba connect.
CIG add-on bug/hot fixes are delivered by SAP notes and customer can follow the standard ABAP corrective measure methodology.
Upgrades on CIG add-on will be delivered as SP (Service Packs) and it will also be available in SMP or download centre.
Easy solution adoption:
Customers can easily adopt the features delivered by SAP Ariba®. Test central framework is delivered as part of CIG and it would simplify the testing process in customer landscape. Automated end to end testing is possible through predefined scripts delivered in Test central framework. Customers can also create their own test cases to test their customizations.
Centralised configuration is possible now with CIG and it can be handled via SPRO. SPRO >> Integration with Other SAP Components >> Ariba Cloud Integration
Tools to configure end-points:
End-point configuration of various interface flows are just few clicks away. Interface setup tools are available in CIG add-on to create the end-points for transaction flows.
Predefined Ariba extension points are available in all the transaction flows. Buyers can implement the customization by using these Extension points to send/receive additional data from Ariba cloud through Ariba delivered BAdIs. Tools like Custom XSLT framework in CIG would enable the buyers to map to/from Ariba cloud.
Documentation of Ariba delivered solution is now available in SAP help portal. Customers can access the documentation content once it is available for the customer.