This is a compilation of all the articles, samples and other relevant resources regarding Loosely Coupled solutions focused on small and medium businesses.
By definition, a loosely coupled system is one in which each of its components has, or makes use of, little or no knowledge of the definitions of other separate components. In other words, your solution relies in a separated environment while the digital core (a.k.a ERP) stays vanilla, with no (or little) customization.
This architecture provides much more flexibility in terms of runtime, services, UX. And adds the benefits of the cloud to your solution.
If you are looking for HANA specific information please check the SAP HANA Extensibility topics landing page
- Customer Experience Live in Rio
- Why CX matters and a real case example with SAP Business One
- Digital Transformation for SMBs – a blog series
- These series of blogs is exactly about how can your solution support SMB customers to adapt to the disruption wave that Digital Technology is causing.
- Digital Transformation for SMBs – the Intelligent Enterprise
- We have developed a proof-of-concept that shows Digital Transformation for SMBs concepts and illustrates how easy it is to consume business services, intelligent solutions and interchangeability of the underlying Digital Cores.
- Digital Transformation for SMBs – Design Thinking methodology and Build.me
- How to understand the needs of your customers and give them back the solution they are expecting.
- Moving your SAP Business One on-premise solution to cloud
- Learn what is a loosely-coupled solution and its relevance for SAP Business One
- A Real world example of how dynamic and innovative a loosely coupled solution can be.
- There is more than a smile on your face
- How we can use the experience economy to get insights of our customers. Real demo with sample codes.
- How to Create Your First SAP Business One Loosely Coupled Solution in the SAP Cloud Platform
- In this blog we teach you how to get start and create your first SAP Business One loosely coupled solution.
- How to create your first SAP Fiori App
- Your quick introduction into building a new user experience.
- How to consume SAP Business One API Hub APIs and a Cloud Foundry backend from a SAP UI5 app
- Implement a SAP Business One SAP UI5 sample extension on your own SAP Cloud Platform environment. Follow a step by step document providing all details!
- From SAP API Business Hub to your SAP Business One system
- By following the simple steps proposed on this blog you will get your application connecting your SAP Business One Service Layer instead of SAP API Business Hub.
- How to Call SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry destinations from your Node.js application
- Destinations service allows you to securely store settings such as credentials, the protocol, the URL of the ERP system and proxy type.
- How to use Build.me with SAP Business One and SAP BusinessByDesign
- implement your own version of the SMB Market Place using Design Thinking tools
Internet Of Things 4.0
- SAP Leonardo IoT for SMBs
- And Introduction to SAP Leonardo
- Deep dive into the SAP Leonardo IoT setup
- SAP Leonardo IoT – Digital Twin
- How to create “things” references in SAP Leonardo
- SAP Leonardo IoT – Services
- An overview of SCP IoT services and how to consume them.
- SAP Leonardo IoT – WebIDE templates and controls
- SMB Marketplace
- A Shop Assistant to integrate SAP Business One, SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Leonardo on SAP Cloud Platform in a Facebook Chatbot
- Off-the-shelf Object Detection for Intelligent Enterprise
- Combining machine learning frameworks for building intelligent solution in conjunction with SAP Leonardo in the SAP Cloud Platform
- SMB Innovation Lab: Face Recognition with in-Store Analytics
- A Face Recognition prototype that brings online shop insights into brick and mortar retail stores
- ByD Assistant
An Amazon Echo ingration (Skill) with SAP Business by Design
- BeaconsOne – A Smart Shop with IoT, B1 and SAP Cloud Platform
- Proof of concept of a loosely coupled solution integrating SAP Business One business data and Beacons devices. Check this blog to learn how to implement it!
- Inventory Item Recognition App
- Get Your First Inventory Item Picture Recognition App Live in 15 Minutes
- Voice Recognition for Time recording app
- Smart time recording app
- IoT Made simple with AWS Dash Button
- Sample to connect AWS Dash Button to Business One and ByDesign
- IoT Mobile App – Prototype
- Simple and powerful showcase of IoT with Texas Instrument’s sensor.
- External Event Pullling
- A Decoupled Approach for SAP Business ByDesign Event Handling
Trainings & Videos (free)
- building the Intelligent Enterprise Webinar Series
- A series of lectures talking about cloud architecture and how to build scalable solutions for SMBs in the cloud
- SMBs Digital Transformation and Loosely Coupled solutions
- Video Introduction of how the Digital Transformation impact SMBs Solutions.
- SMB Tech Hangout
- An informal talk with SAP Experts about SMB Solution development
- SAP Cloud Platform Essentials
- Online course to learn and experience how SAP Cloud Platform works
- Cloud-Native Development with SAP Cloud Platform
- Learn and experience how microservice-based cloud native development with SAP Cloud Platform works
- Cloud-Native Operations w/ SAP Cloud Platform
- Course aimed primarily at system administrators and technology consultants, teaching hands-on the important concepts of operating innovative applications in the cloud.
- Design your First app with Build
- This course will help you to develop your own “Design Thinking”. You’ll learn how to use a free and fun prototyping tool called Build.
- The Twelve-Factor App
- A methodology for building modern, scalable, maintainable software-as-a-service apps.
- Microservices Architecture – Aligning Principles, Practice and Culture
- The benefits and principles of microservices
- Cloud Foundry – The Cloud Native Platform
- You’ll learn how Cloud-Native applications are designed to be “infrastructure unaware” so they can thrive and move at will in the highly distributed and constantly evolving cloud environment.