SAP HANA as a Service: What’s New in June 2018
What is the SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA service?
The SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA service gives you cloud instances of SAP HANA on-demand, that are is managed by SAP and purchased on either a subscription or consumption basis. It’s the easiest way to deploy and use HANA.
What’s new with the latest release – June 2018 (for the Cloud Foundry environment)
Here is what’s new with the latest release of the SAP HANA Service in the SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry environment:
- Now available in more regions: the newest version of the service is now available in four AWS regions (EU/Frankfurt, US/East, Japan and Brazil) as well as in Google Cloud Platform (GCP – US/Iowa).
- On-demand Self-Provisioning: create HANA instances in the Cloud Foundry environment whenever you need them, with nothing more than a few mouse clicks from the Services “marketplace”. Note that integration with the Cloud Cockpit has changed for HANA in Cloud Foundry. Your new HANA instance is ready to use in a few minutes.
- New pricing model: we are introducing a new pricing model that gives you flexbility on the size of your HANA instances. Purchase as many blocks of 16 GB of HANA memory as you need, and choose the size when you create a new instance. Pay-per-use is also supported* through Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreements (CPEA – also known as cloud credits). With Cloud Credits you only get charged for what you use, and memory and storage use are metered separately. The new pricing is scheduled to become available next week (June 11)
- Elastic scale: change the size of your HANA instance as your needs change.
- Secure WebSocket connectivity from anywhere: using standard HANA clients (hdbsql, JDBC, ODBC, and Python)