It’s the time of the year when customers, partners and enterprise software enthusiasts meet at event like SAPPHIRE to share the latest learnings, accomplisments and advancements driving their businesses and products forward. And over the last year, our product management team has been re-thinking:
- How to deliver predictable and repeatable outcomes with new and engaging experiences for our 10K SAP Cloud Platform customers, and
- How to drive sustainable growth of our platform together with our 1K Partners.
As a customer you will have an elegant and easy way to start using SAP Cloud Platform. See the video below to experience what you will get:
When we started the initiative, we immediately turned to our top successful partners to learn from them how projects run with their customers, what are the common steps and phases, and to validate our assumptions prior to building the next-gen system of engagement with customers as they adopt our platform. Some of our lessons learned were:
- Customers are interested in Line of Business outcomes with the platform, and not just running a platform as a service for the sake of technology coolness
- The engagement model needed to be re-invented with better customer experiences that are a balance of high-touch and low-touch activities across the entire lifecycle
- Content had to be better curated and fused with blueprints for the mainstream scenarios with multi-dimensional content ranging from learning type, platform scenarios to app use-cases
- Onboarding had to be simplified and made less technical, so we can inspire folks to drive more initiatives and remove any friction from the customer adoption journey
- Ability to take advantage of new technologies to offer mass customization at scale, so the initiatives that customers run can be personalized and more differentiating for them
The result was delivering a re-imagined customer adoption journey as seen briefly in the video above and captured by the graphic below. Over the last 3 months, we started running this new customer adoption initiative with select customers and partners. And we gained 300+ registered users from roughly 100 companies starting 30+ missions (active adoption projects) while giving us invaluable feedback to stay on the right track.
We invite you now to be part of this journey and help us take it to the next level.
You can access it by simply following this short URL:
Benefits for Customers include:
- Activate usage and easily onboard to the SAP Cloud Platform as a Line of Business without friction and any technical barrier or prerequisite
- Get access to trusted and proven use cases that are technically and functionally meeting SAP’s high standards for SAP CP and SaaS projects
- Get support from SAP and Partner product experts in deciding on your requirements and next steps
- Run a FREE pilot mission to check the use case desirability, feasibility and viability
- Run a predictable and repeatable process with tools to discover, pilot, realize and go-live with use case on SAP CP in 30 days or less
- Get learning contextually for 3 roles in your company
- Get rewarded for driving innovative use cases on CP
- View, manage and analyze all missions (adoption projects and initiatives) in my company from a central place
Behind the scenes, we’ve co-innovated together with our partners to deliver the “modules” required for the new engaging experiences. All the modules have been 100% built natively on the SAP Cloud Platform in the Neo and Cloud Foundry environments. The reason beside “drinking our own champagne” was also to put ourselves in the shoes of customers and grow our empathy with customers as they try to adopt the platform to build or run new initiatives.
On top of the engaging experiences and modules, we required initial content that is curated from the multiple existing sources today (such as the SAP App Center, SAP CP website, SCN, SAP Help, SAP Extensibility Explorer) and to bring it all together in more consumable fashion. All of this is accessible through what we call the customer center serving the install base. And on the backend, we have an admin center serving the operational needs for product managers and partners.
Thank you to our customers and partners for the chance to serve your initiatives better and easier with the SAP Cloud Platform!