Centralized Deployment in SAP Business One 9.3
Tired of installation and deployment headaches ?
Deploying SAP Business One has never been easier thanks to our SAP Business One version 9.3 release. This version now supports the central management of the SAP Business One landscape from the System Landscape Directory (SLD) Control Center.
Here’s what you need to know about Centralized Deployment.
What can Centralized Deployment do?
Starting with our SAP Business One version 9.3 release, the following operations can be performed remotely through the SLD Control Center:
- Register logical machines
- Install the SAP Business One components
- Deploy and upgrade the system database SBOCOMMON and demo databases
- Register the database instances
- Check the installed SAP Business One components across the whole SAP Business One landscape
How do you implement Centralized Deployment ?
To implement this feature, you simply need to access the SLD Control Center in a Web Browser and do the following:
- Configure global settings
- Register logical machines on the SLD Control Center
- Register database instances on the landscape server
- Deploy or upgrade databases
- Install client components
This is a useful new feature in SAP Business One version 9.3.
You can also look at a short video on Centralized Deployment or dive into the SAP Business One 9.3 Administration Guide for lots more information on this.
What are the important Prerequisites?
- Make sure you have copied the SAP Business One product CD to a folder within the SAP Business One landscape and set it up as the CD repository folder.
- Make sure you set-up the central log directory.
Both must be shared folders within the landscape and cannot be a subfolder of a shared folder. These folders are the prerequisites for all centralized deployment operations. Therefore, they must be created and both shared before moving on to the next step. Simple, right?
How do you Manage a Machine Remotely?
- Register the machine to the System Landscape Directory (SLD) only when the SLD agent is successfully installed on it and connected to the SLD.
Better still, the SLD agent service is installed automatically during the logical machine registration step, so there is no need to do anything! Of course, the option is also there if you want to install this agent manually via the SAP Business One Setup wizard, and then the machine will be ready for registering under the Logical machines.
What does the SLD Agent do? Why do you need it?
- The SLD agent is a mandatory component and has the capability to execute tasks. Without it, there is no centralized deployment. All tasks are executed by this agent on behalf of the System Landscape Directory. Tasks such as performing database deployment and upgrades, remote installation and upgrades of SAP Business One client and DI API.
How does Registering Database Instances on the Landscape Server work?
- Registering the database instances on the landscape server is done via the System Landscape Directory. Once registered, the companies will appear on the SAP Business One logon screen.
How about the Deploying and Upgrading of Databases feature?
- Once the registration of the database instances on the landscape server is complete, you can use the System Landscape Directory to remotely deploy the SBOCOMMON and Demo database. You will also have the option to remotely upgrade the SBOCOMMON schema and your company schemas
- Don’t forget those prerequisites —You have defined an SAP Business One CD repository folder and a central log repository folder during the installation process, and in the SLD Control Center, you have registered the logical machines on which you will deploy databases.
You will also find all articles written by the SAP Business One Support team here
very nice… thanks for sharing.
but I have the same problem as in the forum was already asked - without an answer yet.
Markus Schaefer, did you solve your problem?
I'm confronting the same Issue, 9.3 PL9.
When I am going to sign up In SAP Business One version 9.3 the performance remotely through the SLD Control Center is getting some issues.