I really like Brackets editor, but this post will be not about its pros and cons. I’m using it for almost all UI5 development (with a bunch of extensions). Once I have decided to make some helpful stuff just for me and – from a line of code to a line of code – it has grown up to a set of valuable features, I think…
I’m still working on it, but the current status of the extension is satisfactory enough to release it for a broader audience and get some feedback & bugs. So, if there are any Brackets users working with UI5 – help me, please! 🙂
What do you get
- support for working with OpenUI5/SAPUI5 versions >= 1.52
- code hints in JS code for UI5 object members (please read the explanation on the GitHub page)
- tags & attributes hints for XML views
- quick docs (Ctrl + k)
- API reference side panel
- oData mock data generation
- 8 configurable code snippets for quick insertion
What do you need
Brackets editor, version >= 1.11
How to install
The extension is not yet in the official Brackets extension registry, so you can install it using GitHub (URL or ZIP file), please check the appropriate section in the readme file.
All functionalities are also described in the readme, so I won’t be writing here about them.
If you decide to check it – thanks and I hope you will find it useful too 🙂