Today, our new book “Extending SAP S/4HANA. Side-by-Side Extensions with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK” has been released – just in time for SAPPHIRE NOW 2018 (see the end of this post on where to find us at SAPPHIRE). The book is the complete and definitive guide to extending SAP S/4HANA Cloud on SAP Cloud Platform, using the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK. This blog post introduces the book, explains for whom it is relevant, and describes the content you can expect.
The SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK makes extending SAP S/4HANA Cloud simple and delightful. As you know from our series of tutorials, the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK helps you in many regards when building Cloud-native applications that integrate with SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud. In the book, we explain the many facets that are relevant in this context for an audience of IT professionals, architects, and Cloud developers. We present an end-to-end story on what is relevant when extending SAP S/4HANA, and provide many additional details not covered in our blog posts so far.
This book is the right place to go when you need information to…
- plan an extension project to optimize your SAP S/4HANA system for your needs,
- decide how to address unique business requirements when moving to SAP S/4HANA,
- design the architecture of your extension,
- build and continuously deliver a Software-as-a-Service application that integrates with SAP S/4HANA,
- leverage SAP Cloud Platform for efficiently building applications with Cloud qualities, or
- develop the integration of SAP S/4HANA or SAP S/4HANA Cloud,
- optionally integrating machine learning or blockchain technologies.
With many hands-on code examples and detailed explanations, the book gives developers all they need to know when extending SAP S/4HANA. For deciders, project managers, and architect, the book describes the different options and approaches for extensibility available with SAP S/4HANA, with a focus on side-by-side extensions on SAP Cloud Platform. Continuous delivery is featured prominently to cover the end-to-end development lifecycle.
The book is already describing the newest release of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the recently released new major version 2.0.
In detail, the book covers the following list of topics – and many more…
- Introduction of extensibility options in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA, with recommendations when to use what
- Cloud-native application development on SAP Cloud Platform using the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK
- Integration of SAP S/4HANA APIs in Java-based development projects
- Security and multi-tenancy
- Continuous delivery and DevOps for extensions with the Continuous Delivery Toolkit of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK
- Machine learning and blockchain integration into extensions
- Overview of in-app extensibility and their integration into side-by-side extensions
The book closes with insights from an SAP partner into their project of building a Cloud-native extension of SAP S/4HANA on SAP Cloud Platform.
Make sure to check out the book to help you get started, as well as continue to grow your experience with building Cloud-native extensions of SAP S/4HANA.
Meet us at SAPPHIRE NOW 2018
Visit us from June 5-7, 2018 at SAPPHIRE NOW 2018 at the topic station Extensibility and Integration with SAP S/4HANA (BA333) to learn more about the topic in general and the book itself. Or attend the following sessions that feature the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK in the context of extending SAP S/4HANA.